Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia - Opinions from BHA fans

Forest Visitor

Mar 27, 2013
Forest fans forums are debating how long we should stick with Stuart Pearce and who would replace him. Oscar Garcia's name cropped up quite a lot as someone who at least would get us playing some kind of structured decent football. Just thought it would be nice to hear the opinions of those on here. Would anyone here welcome him back?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well yes...but we have Chris Hughton now, and I, for one am very happy to have him.

Oscar will make you very hard to beat, and you will win 1-0 a lot.

Lovely fella, management style was not as expansive as we'd been led to believe it would be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'd get you promoted, simples. Quality manager who had absolutely no backing from the Albion hierarchy imo, as they looked to recoup the overspending during Poyet"s tenure.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Kind of felt like a caretaker manager, didn't really seem to change anything from the Poyet era apart from becoming even more 'safe'. Whether that was due to his inability to change things or due to constraints within the club aren't clear, although I'd guess at a little of both.

That said got us 6th with a side which before xmas had massive injury problems.

Suppose I'd describe him as a safe but uninspiring pair of hands.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You might be better off with Sami Hyppia as a replacement for Stuart Pearce.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'll get structure by the tonne.

He continued in Poyets style of possession football.

Then the opinions will diverge.

OG either strangled the life out of the team/club/supporters.
Or
OG saw what he had available cut his cloth accordingly and got us to the play offs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think it's disgusting the way the indigenous islanders were kicked off Oscar Garcia, makes me ashamed to be British.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
He seems happy back in Spain, so can't see him returning to the UK. But he'd get you extremely well-organised and promoted within two seasons.. As I've said before he could have been the best manager in Albion history. He was treatedpretty shoddily by the powers that be here. Top man, top manager.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Appeared quite pragmatic as a man and a manager from the outside. Never forget his reaction after we beat Brum 1 -0 away. Never too exciting, but effective.

101.jpg

I heard stories of players complaining that Oscar never ever understood what their strengths were and that he would send them out to play with instructions that the players simply found confusing.

Forest Visitor

Mar 27, 2013
He seems happy back in Spain, so can't see him returning to the UK. But he'd get you extremely well-organised and promoted within two seasons.. As I've said before he could have been the best manager in Albion history. He was treatedpretty shoddily by the powers that be here. Top man, top manager.

Apparently he's been quoted as saying he's back in good health and turned down a coaching role at Barcelona because he wants to manage in England.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I dont really get the man. Near enough every story I have heard since he has left hasn't cast him at all in a good light as a manager but despite all this we did get to the playoffs. Truely bizaare.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The most boring football I've watched for years, still we made the play-off's...... Depends what you want really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here