Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Europe parcel sending

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Need to send a small parcel to Netherlands (eBay sale).

Never done this before.

Anyone recommend a reliable/cheap way of sending (approx. 2kg)?

The contents are 100% legal and above board

Ta

Royal Mail quote £13.85 for a 2kg package delivered to the Netherlands in 3-5 working days, with no tracking and no signature.

DHL' s on-line quote seems to be £42.49, but they promise next-day delivery.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
RM should be cheapest.
TNT are Dutch so might be preferable to the recipient, if they paid top dollar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have used these people and found them really helpful and reliable. You can drop off to a collection point if you prefer which makes it cheaper. They also give you various delivery options too.

http://www.courierpoint.com

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm new to eBay as well, and have just sold a brand-new, unopened bread-maker (UK delivery). Will it be OK to send it without putting it inside a packaging box? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I haven't managed to find a suitably sized box to put it in. It'll be fine, surely?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm new to eBay as well, and have just sold a brand-new, unopened bread-maker (UK delivery). Will it be OK to send it without putting it inside a packaging box? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I haven't managed to find a suitably sized box to put it in. It'll be fine, surely?

Try throwing the box across the room. Did the item break? Being an ex multi drop courier this is what happens to your parcel. If in doubt put fragile on it, then it gets thrown further and harder. I now send items and use my experience to make sure items are packed well.
As for a courier, I used ipostparcels (UK Mail) who lost as many as they delivered so now use Hermes online. My local driver is very good.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Try throwing the box across the room. Did the item break? Being an ex multi drop courier this is what happens to your parcel. If in doubt put fragile on it, then it gets thrown further and harder. I now send items and use my experience to make sure items are packed well.
As for a courier, I used ipostparcels (UK Mail) who lost as many as they delivered so now use Hermes online. My local driver is very good.

Thanks for the tip, funny enough ipostparcels is the same courier I'm using to deliver the parcel tomorrow. Obviously I can't recommend them one way or the other since I haven't used them before - but they were certainly the best value.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Thanks for the tip, funny enough ipostparcels is the same courier I'm using to deliver the parcel tomorrow. Obviously I can't recommend them one way or the other since I haven't used them before - but they were certainly the best value.

Yeh, I get the impression ipostparcels or parcel pete as they are known, must be a bloke in an office with a web site. I've never spoken to anyone and it takes days to get any email response, if at all. UK Mail, who deliver the parcel, say it's not them and distance themselves from any non delivery, instead blaming ipost. Just my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here