Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick question- road tax

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
The tax on our car ran out yesterday and we can't find the log book or renewal letter to tax it. Can anyone suggest what we can do to get it on the road again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Thanks mate. Looks like I'll be getting a new log book. There's no way the post office would let me away with only having mot cert and insurance details?

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Have a look on line - you might not need the log book - you might need the renewal notice though

Need one or the other I'm afraid. It's going to be a complete ball ache tomorrow: getting kids to school and creche and then myself to work 4 nine. O well that'll teach me ������

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To save the NSC cyclists the trouble ... road tax was abolished in 1937.

But it is still called tax

19f64b39728a59a46d31948661ae4ef1.jpg

a5872c251cbe97cc6acf153a99d132a2.jpg

Steve351

Aug 30, 2012
Durrington
Just ring DVLA, give them what details you have there send you a new log book and that will cost £25. You can road tax the vehicle at the same time if you have MOT and Insurance in place. I do it all the time when changing my classic cars that don't have the registration forms.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Just ring DVLA, give them what details you have there send you a new log book and that will cost £25. You can road tax the vehicle at the same time if you have MOT and Insurance in place. I do it all the time when changing my classic cars that don't have the registration forms.

I would agree with that and better that you have made the effort by ringing them than being caught with no tax. Remember that you no longer need to display a tax disc on the car as it is all done electronically now so if you are displaying an out of date road tax disc I would remove it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here