Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little quirks

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Things you know you do and annoys you, but you still do them......

For me, its when filling up with Diesel. I have to get it right on the exact money, ie. not a penny over.If i do i have to go up a tenner to the next round number.

Maybe its because i do my own books, and stupidly believe it will make it easier when adding up :facepalm:

I used to have a theory that the petrol stations left the even number out on the screen, so punters with acdc would go up to the next tenner, thus maximising profits.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
For me it's a left over from the days when I paid cash. Easier to lob £20 at the cashier, than filling your pockets with shrapnel. Now, like the Queen I don't usually have any cash in my pocket, so £30.2p makes no difference paying with plastic. You just need much more money all round to live now. Long gone are the days of the Garage attendant at the Light Blue filling Station at the Grenadier, filling the tank of your scooter with half a gallon of regular for a couple of bob.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Things you know you do and annoys you, but you still do them......

For me, its when filling up with Diesel. I have to get it right on the exact money, ie. not a penny over.If i do i have to go up a tenner to the next round number.

Maybe its because i do my own books, and stupidly believe it will make it easier when adding up :facepalm:

I used to have a theory that the petrol stations left the even number out on the screen, so punters with acdc would go up to the next tenner, thus maximising profits.

I'm the same but that is harder to do these days with faster pumps and more expensive fuel, but I try to go up in 50p's not tenners if I miss. The Texaco by the King Alfred have old pumps so can get it spot on all the time when I fill up there.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
For me it's a left over from the days when I paid cash. Easier to lob £20 at the cashier, than filling your pockets with shrapnel. Now, like the Queen I don't usually have any cash in my pocket, so £30.2p makes no difference paying with plastic. You just need much more money all round to live now. Long gone are the days of the Garage attendant at the Light Blue filling Station at the Grenadier, filling the tank of your scooter with half a gallon of regular for a couple of bob.

I worked there for a bit before it closed and I may have filled up your scooter. Do you remember the old fella Bill with the white beard who worked there. Quite a larger than life type of character and a great story teller if you knew him.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I worked there for a bit before it closed and I may have filled up your scooter. Do you remember the old fella Bill with the white beard who worked there. Quite a larger than life type of character and a great story teller if you knew him.

1961/62, after not so much, and before as a passenger in my Dad's cars. I remember the younger guy who I think was the owner. When I say younger he must have been about the same age as my Dad. I always thought he was a bit posh and studious to be dispensing Petrol.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
1961/62, after not so much, and before as a passenger in my Dad's cars. I remember the younger guy who I think was the owner. When I say younger he must have been about the same age as my Dad. I always thought he was a bit posh and studious to be dispensing Petrol.

Ah, a bit before my time, I think I was working there about 88/89. It might have been the same owner, he was a well spoken pipe smoker and his useless hpochondriac son also worked there when I did.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
ACDC needs a transformer, Shirley?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Staying in the pub 4 hours after I should have left and hence ******g up the whole weekends plans.
I do it every time.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Being the only English cricket supporter in the village and having to go to the pub and endure the humiliation.
I do it every time, ruins the weekend even more and I will probably do it again during the world cup.
:facepalm:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I've started to notice that I do that tuneless whistling thing. My dad does it all the time. REALLY annoying.

Try and stop myself as soon as I notice.

Whenever I see a "Hermes" delivery lorry (which is quite often around here) I have to say "Hermes, the Greek God of online shopping deliveries" in my best Hollywood biblical epic voiceover impression.

I have so far managed to only do this when alone in the car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here