Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Josef Mengele

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Just reading up on Auschwitz following the anniversary of the liberation and some of the dirt on Mengele defies human understanding.

This bloke relished the duty of 'selecting' which innocent people would be sent to the gas chamber (usually women and children) and which ones were suitable for slave labour. He carried out 'selection' whilst flippantly whistling opera tunes.

He was non fussed about carrying out his demented medical experiments without anaesthetic.

He oversaw lorries loaded with live children being emptied into a pit of fire.

Unbelievably, he evaded capture and the Nuremberg trials and died in 1979.

There are no words which can explain the evilness of this individual.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Can thoroughly recommend this chillingly disturbing film Wakolda.jpg

More about after he escaped, but true apparently

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I opened this thread expecting to hear that we were close to signing an Austrian defender.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just reading up on Auschwitz following the anniversary of the liberation and some of the dirt on Mengele defies human understanding.

This bloke relished the duty of 'selecting' which innocent people would be sent to the gas chamber (usually women and children) and which ones were suitable for slave labour. He carried out 'selection' whilst flippantly whistling opera tunes.

He was non fussed about carrying out his demented medical experiments without anaesthetic.

In Aushwitz there are pictures of him with smiling children sitting on his lap giving them sweets. So chilling I'm not sure what word there is in a dictionary to describe his behavioural patterns.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Regrettably many WWII criminals 'disappeared' thanks to the Allies ( the US in particular ). If you're interested ( and I can't think of a better word ) in learning stuff about WWII then the £20 it costs to buy 'World at War' from Amazon is a worthwhile investment.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Regrettably many WWII criminals 'disappeared' thanks to the Allies ( the US in particular ). If you're interested ( and I can't think of a better word ) in learning stuff about WWII then the £20 it costs to buy 'World at War' from Amazon is a worthwhile investment.

Very true. There was a distinct lack of appetite on the Allies' part to capture many war criminals after the Cold War kicked off.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Probably the greatest TV documentary program of all time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Funny you should mention that because i was thinking about buying Rome - dvd box set from Amazon

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very true. There was a distinct lack of appetite on the Allies' part to capture many war criminals after the Cold War kicked off.

In our case the Foreign Office was (as it continues to be) broadly pro-Arab and whilst not aggressively anti-Semitic there remained a strong undercurrent of the pre-war empathy with those who were nervous of Jewish influence. We were far from being above reproach in this respect both pre and post war and chasing war criminals for crimes against Jews was a low priority when, as you rightly say, the Cold War was escalating.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Probably the greatest TV documentary program of all time.

Indeed. If I had a criticism it would be it's too short to properly cover many of the points. That said, personally I think this and Schindler's List ( yes I know it's a Hollywood tarted up movie ) should be compulsory teaching aids and that WWII should be taught to every pupil.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Indeed. If I had a criticism it would be it's too short to properly cover many of the points. That said, personally I think this and Schindler's List ( yes I know it's a Hollywood tarted up movie ) should be compulsory teaching aids and that WWII should be taught to every pupil.

I'd recommend Shoah too, although at over 9 hours, it is probably too overwhelming for many. I saw the Holocaust exhibition at the Imperial War Museum a couple of weeks ago, superbly put together, if numbing at the same time.

Doesn't stop some funts from still attempting to deny it all though.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/wasthere.htm

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'd recommend Shoah too, although at over 9 hours, it is probably too overwhelming for many. I saw the Holocaust exhibition at the Imperial War Museum a couple of weeks ago, superbly put together, if numbing at the same time.

Doesn't stop some funts from still attempting to deny it all though.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/wasthere.htm

A bloke I used to work with was one of those 'funts'. Just came out with his reasoning during a work night out once. Took all my restraint not to lamp him. He trotted out most of the lines on that link. Beyond belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here