Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skipper blames Albion defeat on "bad goal" [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gordon Greer reckons Albion were beaten by a "bad goal" at Blackpool.
Jamie O'Hara's 30-yard free-kick defied the outstretched fingertips of the diving David Stockdale to sentence the Seagulls to defeat against the bottom club in the Championship at muddy Bloomfield Road.
Skipper Greer said: "I need to see it back before I make any comment, but I was surprised. It was a bad goal to concede to lose the game, because there was nothing in the game.
"There was no sort of quality in the game at all and we have lost a goal just from a free-kick, so it's really disappointing.
"We probably had the better of the game, but I don't think anybody did enough to score a goal."
Albion's second defeat out of three in the Championship has dropped them back within two points and a place of the relegation zone ahead of mid-table Nottingham Forest's visit to the Amex on Saturday.
Greer said: "Our aim is to get up that league as high as we can and every game we lose is going to be a setback. We played the conditions quite well I thought, but we didn't create much ourselves to score a goal. I think a fair result would have been 0-0.
"Now we've got a massive game next week."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here