Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Lets be honest who has hit one? I can get in amongst the 140's but that 180 is proving a little tricky. I only play for fun but it would still be nice to throw three perfect darts.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Once, and only in the privacy of my own home, and a long time ago, never replicated in a game.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Me, but having been a county player, so I should!!!
Hit my 1st one at 15 years old, 36 now. Seemed to take ages to finally hit the 1st, but they seem to flow after you've hit the 1st.
Get a small glow everytime I hit one and can only compare it to the nice feelings strikers talk about everytime they hit the back of the net.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Just bought a dart board having not played for 30 years. Had a 180 once when at college during a match, many years ago. Highest finish was a 108 (t20, 16, d16)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Could you become a county league player with practice or is there natural born with it skill ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not hit one for a while but I recall once I played at the pub for a few hours most days and hit 7 or so. Most people with a half decent eye would do similar if they played a lot. Not much time to practice these days so not as good as I once was!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
My best is a 140 - several years ago when I used to play regularly but only for fun and beer.

I have had a 60, 57, 32 finish which made me happy - and my playing partner too!

But I have had a hole in one at the 6th at Lingfield,which was much more enjoyable.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Six 180's and a highest out of 128 in a pub match (T18, T18, D10)

Don't be fooled though as I am proper shit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My best is a 140 - several years ago when I used to play regularly but only for fun and beer.

I have had a 60, 57, 32 finish which made me happy - and my playing partner too!

But I have had a hole in one at the 6th at Lingfield,which was much more enjoyable.

149 - funnily enough my highest finish ever in a league match. There is a highest outshot of the season trophy and the league isn't a great standard - usually anything from 110-120 wins it. Sod's law that same season some kiddy hit a 170 - didn't have a clue what he needed and had to ask after each dart what it was - unbelievable! I'd argue 149 is a harder shot too as it's 3 completely different parts of the board!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Only started playing darts in 2015 and it's fair to say I'm not blessed with natural talent. I can score quite well, picking up a few 100's and a 140 but my finishing is terrible. Almost always end up on double one which takes me ages to hit.

Thankfully the mate I play against can't finish either. :laugh:

Feb 14, 2010
Only started playing darts in 2015 and it's fair to say I'm not blessed with natural talent. I can score quite well, picking up a few 100's and a 140 but my finishing is terrible. Almost always end up on double one which takes me ages to hit.

Thankfully the mate I play against can't finish either. :laugh:

Treble's for show, but doubles for dough

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Twice, once at work, during a lunch hour break and once in the 'Hervey', I think it was called, a pub in Kemptown.
The first one was great as I was surrounded by work mates etc.
The second was on a New Years Eve, my opponent and I were the only two in the pub.
I was p****d out my brains, having got two sixties I slurred, 'shall I get another one?' and did.
The landlord got all excited and made me sign in his '180 book'.
He then poured me a free pint, which I sank in 2 or 3 gulps and I then stumbled to the pavement outside and emptied the contents of my stomach in to the gutter.
Great days.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Twice and both in practice. Very poor considering I used to be a fairly good club player. For a few seasons, I was disappointed if I didn't hit a 140 in the 3 legs. But a competitive 180 alaways eluded me. Darts is very much a mental game. I played for the A team once and was fine until they picked me for the singles - my game fell apart and I got what I always called Dartitis but was really just nerves. I could let go of the darts but at completely the wrong time and my game fell to bits.

I recovered enough to be a good Div 3 player but moving to Hastings meant I couldn't drink and that finished my game. I've barely held a dart in 10 years. But a lot of my minor claims to fame come from darts. For a while, my doubles partner was (a) Phil Taylor (Stonemason, actually). Another partner was a ladies county player and partnered Dennis Priestly to the Eastbourne Open mixed doubles. And my favourite one was playing Big Cliff with John Lowe and Keith Deller watching. I walked into my club to see them practicing on our board for the Eastbourne Open next day. I opened up with 81 against Cliff who said "Ah, serious are we?". Bang bang bang and 12 darts later I was shaking hands. Had a very good chat with them about the breakup with the BDO which was happening at the time and listening to them, I will always be Team PDC. If a Super League player played with or against a PDC player at the tme, they were banned from the Superleague. Olly Croft in full childish mode.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Got a dartboard in our kitchen and when I'm cooking I often chuck some arrows while waiting for things to cook and I did hit a 180 a few weeks ago, and all in the left corner of the bed. Needless to say I left the darts stuck in the board for a good few days.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Hit one years ago i only play for fun ,bought a dartboard Tuesday and hit one within 2 hours .Hit a 170 checkout out in a Pub match when i played regulaly.A friend who is a county player hit 7 180's in a best of 9 legs in a game last week and still lost,but he was playing Jamie Cavern.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes once in a pub in Hassocks

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Nope. Only ever got 140's about 10 or 11 times. There is a bloke in my darts team who's son is 7, that has been playing for years, he has hit 9 180's and often beats his dad, he has the board at a height relative to his size and stands at the adult oche. A champion for the future I think. He knows all his checkouts and can chalk the score. He gets up early before school to practice, and plays all the time.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Hit loads, with both left and right hand. It's not a brag, it's the result of too many hours spent pubbing and playing darts in my youth. Used to play super league in the Reading area during my time in the forces. Hit a couple of 170 finishes as well. If I'd spent as much time trying to make lots of money as I did at the oche, I'd be living in some island paradise now with glorious palm trees and the sun beating down:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here