Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
fg-l229-2236782_478x359.jpg

Fliss Gibbons
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
07:25 1st March 2015
by James Hilsum
It will be strange going back there, as the game is being played at the same ground that I used to play at with them"
Fliss Gibbons

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s striker Fliss Gibbons is looking forward to facing her former club Watford in an FA Cup third round tie this afternoon, kick-off 2pm.Gibbons spent a season playing in the Women’s National Premier League for the Hornets before the expansion of the Women’s Super League, and is relishing the prospect of visiting her old stomping ground.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “It will be strange going back there, as the game is being played at the same ground that I used to play at with them.
“I know some the girls that are still there now and some of the coaching staff as well.
"It will be nice to see some old faces, but at the same time, it’s important that I just treat it like any other game.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Gibbons also explained how highly the team value the FA Cup, but warned her team-mates they will have to play at the very best to cause a cup upset against the Women’s Super League (WSL) Two side.
“I know they’ve got some very good individual players and they’ve made some new additions to the squad as well, so it’s going to be a massive test for us.
"It’s going to be a good challenge to test ourselves against a WSL Two team because that’s where we want to be. At the same time we’re the underdogs, so it’ll be nice to go out there and try to give them a really good game.
“Normally we’re expected to win every game we play and there’s usually a little bit more pressure on us so it will be a nice change, but at the same time we just want to win as much as any other game.
“It doesn’t matter what opposition we face, whether we’re the underdogs or favourites to win, we approach the game in the same way.”
The 20-year-old is also approaching the game in fine form after scoring another two goals in the 3-0 win over West Ham United last week and is delighted that she is getting her rewards for hard work on the training pitch.
“I’ve worked on my finishing in training, so it’s nice that it's paying off at the moment. Collectively as a team things are really starting to come together at the right time for us. It’s nice to go into the game in the situation that we are and there is a lot of confidence in the squad.”

[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h]SATURDAY 7Th FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here