Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bruno-l229-2239440_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
06:00 1st February 2015
by Adam Tighe
As a professional player I have never played on a pitch like this"
Bruno

Bruno says the surface at Bloomfield Road on Saturday was the worst he has ever played on during his career.The Spaniard felt Brighton & Hove Albion struggled to get their passing game going on a bare and uneven pitch but praised his team-mates for adjusting, despite the undeserved 1-0 defeat.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “As a professional player I have never played on a pitch like this - it is the worst I have played on ever.
“It was really difficult as we are not used to playing on pitches like this and you never know where the ball is going.
“Maybe they know how to play on this kind of pitch but for us it was difficult. I think we did it well, we adapted, but it is difficult to play as we want.
“We didn’t take our opportunities and they got a free-kick and scored. They were waiting for these kinds of opportunities. We played as the pitch demanded but we couldn’t win.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The full-back echoed captain Gordon Greer’s view that despite the loss the side are making positive strides.
He added, “As a team we need to improve some things. We have been working very hard and improved our shape and the team is going in the right direction but we need to win games.
“We have a stronger squad, we have a lot of players and everyone is getting fit which is really important for us.
“Of course we had a lot of expectations for this game because we needed the three points but now we have a long week to work hard and prepare for the next game.”
[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h]SATURDAY 7Th FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here