Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-l229-2239480_478x359.jpg

Gordon Greer
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
19:54 31st January 2015
by Adam Tighe
I felt sorry for the fans that travelled all the way up here to watch football because there wasn’t much football played"
Gordon Greer

Gordon Greer said he sympathised with the fans after Brighton & Hove Albion’s lacklustre contest with Blackpool.

The Seagulls went down 1-0 to the Tangerines in a fixture that was hampered by poor pitch and weather conditions, and Albion’s captain felt for the 400-plus Brighton fans that made the 600-mile round trip.He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was very frustrating. We knew the pitch was going to be bad and there wasn’t a lot of quality on the field. I felt sorry for the fans that travelled all the way up here to watch football because there wasn’t much football played.
“It was the same for both teams but I don’t think we will play on many pitches worse than this. Maybe if it had been a bit wet it would have been a bit better, but it was really bobbly and cutting up all over the place. We are just really disappointed we have lost that game.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Despite the Bloomfield Road reverse the centre-back felt Albion rarely looked threatened and are heading in the right direction under Chris Hughton.
“I thought we played the conditions quite well; it wasn’t pretty for the supporters but we have kept them to limited chances, with only two shots at goal that I can remember, and one of them has gone in. It is disappointing but we move on and look ahead to the next game.
“We are making progress; we looked solid today without looking too dangerous and you could say the same for both teams. There wasn’t much in the action areas, it was mostly played in midfield but unfortunately for us we have come away with a defeat.”
Meanwhile Greer added that he has had no reaction to the knee injury that recently sidelined him for over a month.
“I played three games last week so the knee is fine. It is never good to miss five to six weeks of football as it takes you a while to get back into it, but I am feeling fine and feeling better all the time.”
[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h]SATURDAY 7Th FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports