Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISIS: It appears the 2nd Japanese hostage has been murdered

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
SKY:

The Japanese government says it is trying to authenticate a video which shows the apparent murder of hostage Kenji Goto.

BBC:

A video has been released online purporting to show the beheading of Japanese hostage Kenji Goto by Islamic State militants.

The video comes less than a week after news of the beheading of another Japanese man, Haruna Yukawa.

IS had demanded a $200m (£130m) ransom for the two men.

Mr Goto, 47, is a well-known freelance journalist and film-maker who went to Syria in October, reportedly to try to secure Mr Yukawa's release.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Didn't they want some suicide bombing woman out of jail? Can't do and should never do what they ask. If true I feel deeply sorry for him and his family but you simply can not give in to terrorists. Ever.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Didn't they want some suicide bombing woman out of jail? Can't do and should never do what they ask. If true I feel deeply sorry for him and his family but you simply can not give in to terrorists. Ever.

Jordan was prepared to hand over the failed suicide bomber in exchange for its pilot but called ISIS bluff and said they wanted proof that he is still alive.

If ISIS couldn't prove that he was still alive then they would start executing captured ISIS terrorists that they had on death row including the failed suicide bomber. To date ISIS havent proven that he is still alive.

But I agree, terrorists should never be negotiated with.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
if it was my son..very hard to say but agree ..pay up/give in once and floodgates of Kidnap would open...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Exactly how did he think he was going to help negotiate the release of the previous hostage? Noble sentiments but just created even more problems. These thugs aren't human in the slightest and certainly not religious.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sad but inevitable, you can't reason or negotiate with these people.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Jihad John deserves the longest, most painful death of any vertebrate that ever existed (along with Hitler/Mengele/Saville etc).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Neither he or the Jordanian pilot were ever going to be released. Neither do ISIS care about the failed suicide bomber.....(she is after all only a female).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here