Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight I'm Proud to be an Albion Fan

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Tonight I'm proud to be an Albion fan. I may have been initially disappointed by today's result, but something far more important was achieved today. I've supported this club since 1962, being both born and raised in Brighton (and Hove actually, not forgetting Keymer and Hassocks). However, my mother's family are all from Blackpool, indeed my uncle Jack played for the 'Pool before World War Two and my grandfather stood on the Spion Kop at Bloomfield Road with my mother and her siblings in the 1930s and beyond.

I am proud because the Heart of Football still lives on as evinced by the Albion faithful who made the long trip up north and stood in solidarity with the Pool fans protesting at their owners treatment of their beloved club. At my mother's funeral last June there were two Seagull ornaments on show. One was a Seagull in blue and white denoting the life of her family in Sussex and one in tangerine and white representing her life in Blackpool. Good old Sussex by the Sea and She's a Lassie from Lancashire were the order of the day. A hearty well done to the Albion fans who did our club and the spirit of football proud today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here