Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Terrible, terrible pitch. Couldn't play on it. Shouldn't be forced to play on it. Dangerous.

Never a free kick.

Great free kick from O'Hara.

JFC as per normal.

Reasonable anti Oyston demo.

Forget it and move on. Can't really blame the team given the conditions.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Terrible, terrible pitch. Couldn't play on it. Shouldn't be forced to play on it. Dangerous.

Never a free kick.

Great free kick from O'Hara.

JFC as per normal.

Reasonable anti Oyston demo.

Forget it and move on. Can't really blame the team given the conditions.

I'm more interested in how you got from Blackpool to Shoreham Beach in two hours. Can I borrow your car sometime?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I wouldn't go as far as to say that the pitch was dangerous. They'll have been several hundred games of 3rd team rugby played on similar surfaces today without injuries caused by the pitch.

It takes the piss to not prepare a surface for this standard of football when you're charging fans £24 though.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just back too and agree with the above. They should be docked points for that pitch.

I would add definitely handball in the last minute for a penalty to us.

Ref barely got a decision right all match.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just back too and agree with the above. They should be docked points for that pitch.

I would add definitely handball in the last minute for a penalty to us.

Ref barely got a decision right all match.

Did you not think the ref missed a handball at the other end after about 60 mins? It looked clear to me, but the ref was closer.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Did you not think the ref missed a handball at the other end after about 60 mins? It looked clear to me, but the ref was closer.

Don't think that was deliberate. It seemed to bounce off him at a strange angle and hit his arm as he jumped. The one at the end was blatant.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Teams played on pitches like that in the 70's but they always managed to make a game out of it. It was a poor performance on an awful pitch.

Yup. When you see that pitch you have to be up for a battle. Clearly our precious troops were not.

TangerineArmy

Jan 29, 2015
Can't comment on game as stayed outside.

Agree about the pitch, we have this every season and is because oyston won't spend any money on it. He would prefer to spend it on his new reg 'oy51 out' (utter piss take)

Gutted that u didn't win as I wanted our fans to kick off in side, but typically on a demo day we get a boring 1 nil. Must say your fans today have been fantastic, absolutely brilliant. U deserved the points for this and for that I'm sorry. But I'm sure u will be fine.

All the best for season and I'll certainly be looking out for ure results and b cheering u on.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Teams played on pitches like that in the 70's but they always managed to make a game out of it. It was a poor performance on an awful pitch.

That was the norm back then. In todays game in the top two divisions it is totally unacceptable. When I hear people say " it's the same for both teams" it drives me mad. The home team with the appalling pitch get to play on it week in week out, so they have a distinct advantage of knowing the pitch having played on it so often. The league should seriously look into the effects on a pitch when ground sharing, and to impose a financial or points based fine when a pitch does not meet league standards. This is my view and is not based on todays result or sour grapes but purely on a sub standard pitch

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Can't comment on game as stayed outside.

Agree about the pitch, we have this every season and is because oyston won't spend any money on it. He would prefer to spend it on his new reg 'oy51 out' (utter piss take)

Gutted that u didn't win as I wanted our fans to kick off in side, but typically on a demo day we get a boring 1 nil. Must say your fans today have been fantastic, absolutely brilliant. U deserved the points for this and for that I'm sorry. But I'm sure u will be fine.

All the best for season and I'll certainly be looking out for ure results and b cheering u on.

Oyston needs to be heavily fined for not providing a league standard playing surface. It doesn't even look like the pitch last the next couple of games, let alone until the end of the season. I can totally understand your frustrations.

TangerineArmy

Jan 29, 2015
I suggest u fans email the FL and tell them your views on the state of the pitch. Tbf it would b great if u did and we did lose points as the next demo will be more angrier. As a pool fan I'm embarrassed that away fans pay that money to sit in a temp stand with non league facilities. So get emailing... altho think they will still stick up with the man that is on the board!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here