Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Blumming autocorrect

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'll try:

Stockdale - 5 didn't really have much to do.
Bennet - 6 decent tackles
Greer - 6 almost scored header from FK
Dunk - 6 meh
Bruno - 5 couple of dodgy moments.
Can't really fault the defence; Blackpool's only real chance was that free kick.
Ince - 7 excellent ball winning, but seemed to not know what to do with the ball.
JFC - 4
Calde - 4
Holla - 5
COG - 7 any decent attack we had seemed to start from him receiving a long ball with his back to goal and laying it off.
Baldock - 4 not his day, he struggled to control COG's lay offs.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
I'll try:

Stockdale - 5 didn't really have much to do.
Bennet - 6 decent tackles
Greer - 6 almost scored header from FK
Dunk - 6 meh
Bruno - 5 couple of dodgy moments.
Can't really fault the defence; Blackpool's only real chance was that free kick.
Ince - 7 excellent ball winning, but seemed to not know what to do with the ball.
JFC - 4
Calde - 4
Holla - 5
COG - 7 any decent attack we had seemed to start from him receiving a long ball with his back to goal and laying it off.
Baldock - 4 not his day, he struggled to control COG's lay offs.

wouldn't disagree with much of this.
Bruno increasingly a liability;
Calde out of position;
Holla non-existant;
Baldock looked lively, but trying to get any control on that pitch would be almost impossible;

March the only sub impact;
we seemed to set up for a point. If there was one away game to win this season it was that one.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
wouldn't disagree with much of this.
Bruno increasingly a liability;
Calde out of position;
Holla non-existant;
Baldock looked lively, but trying to get any control on that pitch would be almost impossible;

March the only sub impact;
we seemed to set up for a point. If there was one away game to win this season it was that one.
I should've added that I don't blame the players who I've scored 4 or 5. It's noticeable that they're all skilful players who's strength is having the ball at their feet, which says all you need to know about the pitch.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 4: Distribution good, but I think he was caught on his heels for the goal. Tried to give one of their players a right hook but missed, would have been red carded had he connected.
Bruno 5: Textbook Bruno, some great close control, bonkers challenges, ridiculous shanks and LOTS of long throws a as our one attacking weapon
Greer 5: Had our only chance on target, otherwise little to do
Dunk 6: One mazy dribble, could have conceded a penalty, looked our most likely scorer
Bennett 5: Less attacking than usual
Ince 6: Great winning the ball, dreadful once he had it
JFC 5; Some very neat touches at times, but fell into the trap of launching it to deal with the farmer's field masquerading as a pitch
Holla 4: match passed him by
Baldock 5: Quite direct when he had the ball
COG 6: Held ball up very well, but didn't get enough support.

Subs:
Best 6: Looks a real handful, keen to take on defenders
March 5: If only he had a right foot....
CMS 4: First thing he did was to run into Best going for a high ball, it didn't get any better

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
From WhoScored:

image.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Their rating system:

WhoScored.com Ratings are considered to be the most accurate, respected and well-known performance indicators in the world of football. Our ratings are currently used among media giants, bookmakers and football clubs.

WhoScored.com Ratings are based on a unique, comprehensive statistical algorithm, calculated live during the game. There are over 200 raw statistics included in the calculation of a player’s/team’s rating, weighted according to their influence within the game. Every event of importance is taken into account, with a positive or negative effect on ratings weighted in relation to its area on the pitch and its outcome.

An example: An attempted dribble (event) in the opposition’s final third (area of pitch) that is successful (outcome) will have a positive effect on a player's rating.

The scoring system for the ratings is out of 10, starting from 6.0, with 10 being the highest score. The ratings are updated live every 30 seconds during the game. Our data providers Opta will update and adjust statistics where necessary 5 minutes after the final whistle. The statistics, and therefore ratings, are also subject to change at anytime after the game, due to any further corrections that need to be made to the statistics.

A green star will be awarded to the man of the match 10 minutes after full time. Between that time player's ratings are subject to increase or decrease based on the number of goals a team has scored or conceded, and whether the team has kept a clean sheet. Such boosts in rating are affected by an individual's playing position and their time on the pitch. For example, while a forward will receive a significantly lower boost for a clean sheet than a goalkeeper, he will also suffer a lower decrease in rating if his side has conceded a goal.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I'm ashamed to say that this was my first game for a while since all the noryh west games this year have been at the wrong time. I wasn't expecting great football but that pitch ruined it. It's hard to say which bad performances were due to the pitch.

JFC 3 -he's had a lot of flack but was awful
Bruno 4 -becoming a liability
Calderon 4 - woeful first touch.
Baldock 4 - may have been the pitch
Dunk 6 - not perfect but got up well
Greer 5 - ok perhaps not fully fit
Bennett 5 - some mistakes
Ince 6 -MOM
Holla 5 - ok didn't make things happen
COG - 6 good effort (plus a bonus for staying)
Stockdale 6 -ok couldn't do much with the goal

Best 5
March 5
CMS on too short a time

My overall impression was that this is a match to forget. We made far too little happen up front. Three valuable points lost. Just shows how important it will be that we can now beat good teams at the Amex.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale 4: Distribution good, but I think he was caught on his heels for the goal. Tried to give one of their players a right hook but missed, would have been red carded had he connected.
Bruno 5: Textbook Bruno, some great close control, bonkers challenges, ridiculous shanks and LOTS of long throws a as our one attacking weapon
Greer 5: Had our only chance on target, otherwise little to do
Dunk 6: One mazy dribble, could have conceded a penalty, looked our most likely scorer
Bennett 5: Less attacking than usual
Ince 6: Great winning the ball, dreadful once he had it
JFC 5; Some very neat touches at times, but fell into the trap of launching it to deal with the farmer's field masquerading as a pitch
Holla 4: match passed him by
Baldock 5: Quite direct when he had the ball
COG 6: Held ball up very well, but didn't get enough support.

Subs:
Best 6: Looks a real handful, keen to take on defenders
March 5: If only he had a right foot....
CMS 4: First thing he did was to run into Best going for a high ball, it didn't get any better

If you give me a rating for calderon, I shall open up my spreadsheet and take that number and say "Iñigo".

I'll get my coat.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830264/Live/England-Championship-2014-2015-Blackpool-Brighton

The figures change during the game. I don't think that the stats take account of pace and running off the ball, but I could be wrong. Subs will tend to score lower.

Before Chris Hughton changed the shape to 4-4-2 (why did he do that?) at 55 minutes, the trio of Holla, Ince and Forster-Caskey had more possession of the ball than the six Blackpool forward players all combined: 31% out of the Albion 59.4%. This made Calderon and Baldock with low possession figures for the Albion.

After 55 minutes, and even more later when Blackpool two subs on, it all went awry. Blackpool had the upper edge. If we carry on like this we will get relegated. I am beginning to get pissed off with the Hughton style already.

Good, though, that only one full back advances at a time. But this is elementary.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Calderon 4: There can be no greater love than that of my wife for Inigo, but he is not the answer to our midfield Meh-ness sadly. Like everyone else he struggled with the pitch, wind and litter, and contributed little.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
The tactics were all wrong for the game.The pitch was not good but with a strong wind blowing length ways down the pitch,hitting high balls was a lottery as they either were carried by the wind or held up and that of course is good to defend against.Our defence never looked like they would conceed and I'm still not convinced that their goal was a shot,looked more like an over hit cross that just sailed on the wind into the goal.
Towards the end of the game SM went on a mazey run from the halfway line into the Blackpool area,dribbled past 4 defenders or so ,so the pitch did allow the ball to travel.The Blackpool defenders were all over the place in the 1st half with panic clearences and if the ball was played to feet, (It is called football not ariel blitzkrieg )I'm sure we would have bettered and won the game.
The other thing is if you play a 4 man midfield then at least one of them should have the ability to play a pass behind the defence,sadly this was not in evidence against Blackpool.Awful game and we were suckered into playing hoof.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

SheffieldSeagulls

Dec 6, 2014
The tactics were all wrong for the game.The pitch was not good but with a strong wind blowing length ways down the pitch,hitting high balls was a lottery as they either were carried by the wind or held up and that of course is good to defend against.Our defence never looked like they would conceed and I'm still not convinced that their goal was a shot,looked more like an over hit cross that just sailed on the wind into the goal.
Towards the end of the game SM went on a mazey run from the halfway line into the Blackpool area,dribbled past 4 defenders or so ,so the pitch did allow the ball to travel.The Blackpool defenders were all over the place in the 1st half with panic clearences and if the ball was played to feet, (It is called football not ariel blitzkrieg )I'm sure we would have bettered and won the game.
The other thing is if you play a 4 man midfield then at least one of them should have the ability to play a pass behind the defence,sadly this was not in evidence against Blackpool.Awful game and we were suckered into playing hoof.

Have to agree mostly with this - we had our heads up most of the first half from what I could see (looking into the sun with hand up to shield eyes!!!!!) but as soon as they scored it was noticeable how our heads went down. And who was the dick with the big gob at the back getting more irate with the Albion fans at the front who were trying to watch the match between cat naps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here