Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we turned the corner?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
After the Charlton game it looked like we had got over the Sami era. We have now lost 3 in 4 and are back down to 2 points away from the relegation zone having just lost to bottom of the table Blackpool.

So, have we turned a corner or are we still very much in the brown stuff?

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Table doesn't lie. Firmly in the poop, but hey we have JFC in midfield, CMS runs round a bit, no recognised wingers & a couple of forwards that score once every three months each - two points above Millwall & still have to go to their place. No need to worry we can still make the playoffs with this lot :ffsparr:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Well we have brought in a better manager who is capable of keeping us up, but I have not seen the investment in the squad to strengthen our weaknesses yet.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We were always in a relegation scrap - today is simply a reality check of the work still to do.........and that we need signings.

THIS in a massive nutshell. With Kaz,Stephens and kayal to inevitably be introduced soon enough I'm sure we will have enough to stay up. But we DO need to replace 4-5 players with better quality IMO.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
THIS in a massive nutshell. With Kaz,Stephens and kayal to inevitably be introduced soon enough I'm sure we will have enough to stay up. But we DO need to replace 4-5 players with better quality IMO.

For now I'd personally take just getting a new striker in and those 3 back playing for us, should be enough to stay up - then really go for it with a FULL pre-season for Hughton.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I think we all knew the problems weren't all down to Hyypia yet the club haven't really taken any steps to address the situation by investing in quality players during this window.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
For now I'd personally take just getting a new striker in and those 3 back playing for us, should be enough to stay up - then really go for it with a FULL pre-season for Hughton.

Without seeing Kayal and hoping he is the answer to our midfield weaknesses, I agree with you, just a good striker for now is all that is needed.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Reminds me of when we lost 2-0 to Coventry when they were bottom of the league on Dec 31st 2011.

Teams that get thrashed tend to play ultra negatively the next game and rarely conceed many, if any as their approach changes. They tend to put most players behind the ball and deny space to shoot for the opposition.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
With the exception of Best and Kayal it's still the same squad that Houghton has to pick from. We are set up better but all the manager can do is try to polish a turd.

We really need to get the whole squad fit and soon!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Apparently not.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
i think we wont make any more permanent signings this transfer window and we will go into the loan market and see us through until summer. then we will let players contract expire and then get rid of players that the manager does not want. we will then start fresh and get new players in. (poor english i know)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here