Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Ea income

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Was just reading that JustEat charge their restaurants up to 12% when people go through them for an order. The take-away must be putting up their prices to cover these costs. They also pass all credit card payment charges on to the customer and add a bit on for profit.

I don't understand why people don't just ring the take-away directly and ask for a discount in return for not going through JustEat. Customer and take-away both win it seems. Just saying, like.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Was just reading that JustEat charge their restaurants up to 12% when people go through them for an order. The take-away must be putting up their prices to cover these costs. They also pass all credit card payment charges on to the customer and add a bit on for profit.

I don't understand why people don't just ring the take-away directly and ask for a discount in return for not going through JustEat. Customer and take-away both win it seems. Just saying, like.

I won't ever use Just Eat again. I ordered, they took my cash, only to receive an email 5 mins later saying my order is cancelled and I would receive my refund back in 3-5 working days.

What a disgrace.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
[MENTION=2695]Tricky Dicky[/MENTION]
Isn't Just Eat about delivery though?

I assume the take aways they service don't deliver therefore its win/win for the takeaway and Just Eat.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Isn't Just Eat about delivery though?

I assume the take aways they service don't deliver therefore its win/win for the takeaway and Just Eat.

I didn't think so, as far as I've seen from the take-aways they cover here, they only cover ones that already deliver. I don't think JustEat have their own drivers.

Apr 12, 2011
Primarily, although not exclusively. I've helped out in a place who delivered anyway, but signed up to just eat aswell and benefitted from a big increase in order volumes.

I guess it's a numbers game, if the increased income covers the cost of doing so and some then it's worth their while.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I didn't think so, as far as I've seen from the take-aways they cover here, they only cover ones that already deliver. I don't think JustEat have their own drivers.

Oh, OK. So basically they are a third party.

Years back, I had an evening job as a delivery driver for a small ( 2/3 drivers ) local company that covered an Indian, Chinese, and Pizza shop. We (the company) took the orders added a % to the bill plus a delivery charge. The takeaways gave our company a % discount and that was that. The owner of our company made a fairly decent profit.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Primarily, although not exclusively. I've helped out in a place who delivered anyway, but signed up to just eat aswell and benefitted from a big increase in order volumes.

I guess it's a numbers game, if the increased income covers the cost of doing so and some then it's worth their while.

My point still stands though, ring them up, negotiate a, say, 10% discount and both are up.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
In the past have ordered via just eat from takeaways I have not heard of/used before. Also not all takeaways have a website with menu online, and generally the leaflets put through door end up straight in recycling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here