Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mac Mini - should I ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My PC is getting long in the tooth so I'm thinking of replacing it with a Mac Mini. I've already got a macbook but I want a separate machine for the office .
Is there a good reason not to ?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I just use my MacBook plugged into a 27" monitor with a keyboard and mouse when I want a more desktop experience. Saves buying a Mac mini.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do it, nice bit of kit, reliable and discrete. You can use Bootcamp on it too and run your Windows/PC software natively on it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can you not just buy the software in Mac format anymore - my word and excel is smoother on my Mac than the company laptop.

Why buy it again if you already own it? I use Open Office in OSX and MS Office in W7, I also use other software that isn't available on Mac so having Bootcamp gives me the best of both. Thing is, with CS Suite on PC, I have less reason to boot up on OSX these days.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep. I have a fairly old one and it works fine. Can't get the most up to date software or apps unfortunately, but will upgrade at some point.

Excellent graphics and music.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Do it, nice bit of kit, reliable and discrete. You can use Bootcamp on it too and run your Windows/PC software natively on it.

Oh I like the sound of that. I occasionally use windows 7 to write programs and play games using Steam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here