Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Priminister for the day

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So you are Priminister for the day and you can bring in one new law what would yours be?

I will start offf with

Change in planning laws that allow councils to not have to use brownfield sites as a first option instead they should be encouraged to grant permission to build new homes across the country anywhere they are needed including green field sites the nation is desperate for cheaper housing the ultimate aim would be for the average value for a home to be driven down to under £100,000

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just the one? It will take me more than one law to fix the UK.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
So you are Priminister for the day and you can bring in one new law what would yours be?

I will start offf with

Change in planning laws that allow councils to not have to use brownfield sites as a first option instead they should be encouraged to grant permission to build new homes across the country anywhere they are needed including green field sites the nation is desperate for cheaper housing the ultimate aim would be for the average value for a home to be driven down to under £100,000

Rubbish idea, expensive housing brings in wealthy people who spends loads in local shops, restaurants pay more council tax helping the local economy
Cheap housing attracts poor people who just use the charity shop helping fund a water butt in Africa

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
what just one?

make it illegal to live on council owned /taxpayer land without prior permission

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Rubbish idea, expensive housing brings in wealthy people who spends loads in local shops, restaurants pay more council tax helping the local economy
Cheap housing attracts poor people who just use the charity shop helping fund a water butt in Africa

Quite the opposite more affordable housing would provide more disposable income it's a redistribution of wealth within our society

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
anyone that shouts allahu akbar in public gets a 2 year asbo just for scaring the shit out of people standing nearby

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

While I agree we need more housing it needs doing in a controlled way and jointly with policies to create wealth. Your plan as it stands would leave millions of people in negative equity traps ..... welcome back to the 80s.

I'm another PM that would immediately remove us from the EU.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Adopt good old fashioned Keynesian economics. Reverse the subservience to Merkel and the fading German economic miracle and invest immediately in large scale social building projects creating real jobs and real spending power.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think I'd accept the job but delegate the key positions to some real experts like Miliband and Balls.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The root problem in the Uk is the absurd adversarial politics created by the party system. So Labour, having introduced PFI in one parliament, now needs to oppose similar activity just because it is presented by the Conservatives. And the need to try and win elections every five years means there is only division and fighting,plus short term changes of direction.

I would review the electoral boundaries to make each constituency have the same number of electors, and have one-fifth of the seats elected each year so there is some consistency and no sudden changes. Parties would then need to plan for the long term. I might even be persuaded to allow some sort of PR to further dilute the party power.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
MyUK

Create a country to call your very own.

Introducing the UK's newest prime minister - it's you!

Choose and pass new laws, customise your country, and pursue your personal vision of the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here