Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baldock-290115-l229-2234996_478x359.jpg

Sam Baldock
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 31st January 2015
by Paul Camillin
Historically for me the best has been when I've played with a big man and had creative players behind me"
Sam Baldock

Brighton & Hove Albion striker Sam Baldock has admitted his favoured position is playing alongside a centre-forward - but says he doesn't care where he plays, provided the team wins.
The former Bristol City and West Ham striker has played wide on the left under Chris Hughton, and that hasn't prohibited him from scoring in consecutive home games against Ipswich and Arsenal.Baldock - who is aiming to continue that run against Blackpool today - said, "Historically for me the best has been when I've played with a big man and had creative players behind me, as I like to get on the end of through balls.
"You've got to adjust and react to new opportunities. I'm in a solid bank of four, playing on the left. My job is to work hard and support the full-back as much as I can, and break forward with pace.
"We seem to have a more conventional formation and it's taken players less time to adapt. We're more organised and it's brought us back to the basics. We seem to be thriving.
"I've found myself in the left-back position more than the striking position so far but Chris [O'Grady] has given us that platform to break from; I like to break quickly and get up to support him.
"But the best formation for me is playing anywhere in a team that is winning - everyone likes winning and the environment around the place is a lot happier after a victory.
"I'm pleased to be on the pitch because I can't score from the bench and you enjoy scoring no matter what position.
"Lewis Dunk [a defender] has got six goals this season and he's unbearable around the place, he just won't shut up about it!"

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Baldock's aiming to catch Dunk in the goal charts, and continue his recent scoring form through the rest of the season.He said, "It's been a long time coming. I've come here as a goalscorer and it's not quite worked out as I'd hoped so far.
"Having only scored one goal up until Christmas I was a little worried [that the move hadn't gone as expected] but I knew we had the players to create opportunities.
"I'm not saying it has worked out yet as I've only scored three goals which is hardly a bucket load - but I have always been confident things would work out.
"I was pleased to score against Ipswich. I did a fainting celebration to make light of the fact it's been a long time. It set a good platform for us to go on and get the victory and I was pleased.
"Hopefully I can continue the momentum I've got now and carry it until the end of the season."
[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here