Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Des Hutchinson - another of our up-and-coming youngsters

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Des Hutchinson is one of our 2nd-year scholars. He is from Ireland; he played for Waterford Bohemians FC before joining Albion in the summer of 2013. This season he has been capped 3 times by the ROI U-21s. He is a midfielder, I think he is usually played wide.

Just noticed that he was involved with the first team squad last week against Ipswich (although he wasn't named in the 18); he tweeted this the following morning:-

[TWEET]558311844042256385[/TWEET]

Good to see that Chris Hughton is giving another youngster a taste of mixing with the first-teamers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Excellent, love to see youngsters coming thorough.

Dec 29, 2011
Des Hutchinson is one of our 2nd-year scholars. He is from Ireland; he played for Waterford Bohemians FC before joining Albion in the summer of 2013. This season he has been capped 3 times by the ROI U-21s. He is a midfielder, I think he is usually played wide.

Just noticed that he was involved with the first team squad last week against Ipswich (although he wasn't named in the 18); he tweeted this the following morning:-

[TWEET]558311844042256385[/TWEET]

Good to see that Chris Hughton is giving another youngster a taste of mixing with the first-teamers.

How do you get so much information on our youngsters? Who are the brightest talents in the development or youth squads at the moment? Any news on the youngster Madrid & Barca were tracking, or the 'Icelandic Wunderkid'?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How do you get so much information on our youngsters?

Unfortunately I spend WAY too much time browsing the internet.

Who are the brightest talents in the development or youth squads at the moment?

Almost impossible for me to say, as I don't get to see any games live. At DS level, Glen Rea is obviously having an important season so far and Charlie Harris showed promising glimpses in pre-season. At U-18 level, it is difficult to ignore the fact that Connor Tighe has earned three goal of the month nominations in less than a year (winning two and coming second in the third); Jordan Maguire-Drew knows where the goal is (10 goals so far this season, and the goalscorer who pushed Tighe into second in last October's goal of the month); and James Tilley also seems to have adjusted well at that level with 6 goals, including a hat-trick against Spurs.

Any news on the youngster Madrid & Barca were tracking

Not really; he is still at U-16 level, so we won't start hearing about him until next season, assuming he signs a scholarship with us this summer.

or the 'Icelandic Wunderkid'?

His progress seems less than rapid; he is in the second year of his scholarship, meaning a decision will be made on his future this summer. He has not played for the U-21s so far this season, and has more sub appearances for the U-18s than starts. However, he has also been involved in 5 games with the Icelandic U-19s this season. The bare stats don't provide much Wunderment, but who knows?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
His progress seems less than rapid; he is in the second year of his scholarship, meaning a decision will be made on his future this summer. He has not played for the U-21s so far this season, and has more sub appearances for the U-18s than starts. However, he has also been involved in 5 games with the Icelandic U-19s this season. The bare stats don't provide much Wunderment, but who knows?

Didn't I read in one of the recent programmes that he has a long-term injury at the moment - or is that another Icelandic youngster on our books (think there are at least 2)?

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Didn't I read in one of the recent programmes that he has a long-term injury at the moment - or is that another Icelandic youngster on our books (think there are at least 2)?

That's the older Icelandic player - Emil Asmundsson

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very pleased for him. It's great to see so many youngsters coming through the ranks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Professional football would be considerably better off if more people involved were called Des.

Dec 29, 2011
Unfortunately I spend WAY too much time browsing the internet.

Almost impossible for me to say, as I don't get to see any games live. At DS level, Glen Rea is obviously having an important season so far and Charlie Harris showed promising glimpses in pre-season. At U-18 level, it is difficult to ignore the fact that Connor Tighe has earned three goal of the month nominations in less than a year (winning two and coming second in the third); Jordan Maguire-Drew knows where the goal is (10 goals so far this season, and the goalscorer who pushed Tighe into second in last October's goal of the month); and James Tilley also seems to have adjusted well at that level with 6 goals, including a hat-trick against Spurs.

Not really; he is still at U-16 level, so we won't start hearing about him until next season, assuming he signs a scholarship with us this summer.

I missed this the first time around, thanks of the detailed reply.

Dec 29, 2011
Regarding the article:

"As the population of Ireland gets smaller, the chase to find football’s next big thing has become a cut-throat, global exercise for English clubs."

That is a strange way to start the article, almost HB&B-esque.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here