Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Protest Disruption (31/1/15)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The Brighton march for free education is protesting Saturday and the Police have predicted "disruption in the city centre". They have not, as I understand it, given the police any route but must have some sort of permission to assemble. I'm all for legal peaceful marches, it's our right, but to just cause havoc as they wish to do, surely arrest them all. One presumes the usual tax avoiding venues will be the main targets but is this whole thing an excuse to get at them or to protest at education fees?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I wonder if a certain Green MP will be seen at the head of the demo until it turns nasty, then it will be nothing to do with her, she wasn't there gov, just doing her shopping and got overtaken....

The Brighton march for free education is protesting Saturday and the Police have predicted "disruption in the city centre". They have not, as I understand it, given the police any route but must have some sort of permission to assemble. I'm all for legal peaceful marches, it's our right, but to just cause havoc as they wish to do, surely arrest them all. One presumes the usual tax avoiding venues will be the main targets but is this whole thing an excuse to get at them or to protest at education fees?
There is no requirement to obtain permission to assemble. Processions need permission, though.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I wonder if a certain Green MP will be seen at the head of the demo until it turns nasty, then it will be nothing to do with her, she wasn't there gov, just doing her shopping and got overtaken....

I think the greens are still in hiding after last Sundays funny interview - if not they should be, how they can now be taken seriously (if they were) is beyond me, some simple mathematics lessons would not go amiss

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i wouldnt worry too much about these people,they posted a message recently
"we are against the rise of islamaphobia since the Paris attacks #blacklivesmatter"
:ffsparr:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't they gave free education in Brighton any more? Blumming DFLs

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is that what Smash EDO / Anti Cuts protesters are calling themselves today? Same group of attention seeking trouble makers with a different name.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I haven't followed what exactly this demonstration is about but considering what has been done to the country already and the continued dismantling of it I'm surprised there aren't riots in the streets most days.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I think the greens are still in hiding after last Sundays funny interview - if not they should be, how they can now be taken seriously (if they were) is beyond me, some simple mathematics lessons would not go amiss

Is there a link to this interview? heard a lot about it but not seen it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here