Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Man U sign someone from the non-league (sort of)

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
It's no secret that I hate Man U with a passion, but this has really riled me tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31064087

hyped up shite: said:
Another co-owner Gary Neville tweeted: "Incredible story on Sadiq El Fitouri. Well done to Phil and Scholesy for showing belief in a lad who was out of the game!

"Phil and Scholesy gave him his Salford City debut just three weeks ago and the boy has signed for United. #dreamscometrue"

So what was this footballing miracle? Who was this young kid that has made news with his plucking from slumming it in non-league and doing enough to finally get his big break? Is it another example of United signing another homeless kid like Bebe for loads of money without seeing him play? (note, that wasn't actually true, he played in a street tournament not the homeless world cup as stated at the time)

the truth said:
Libya-born defender Sadiq El Fitouri has joined Manchester United from Evo-Stik First Division side Salford City on an 18-month deal.
Sadiq, 20, joined Salford City as a trialist in December after being released by Manchester City.

Seriously? Is this news? Is this 'dreams come true' to play for Man City, then after a month be at Man U? Should that expression not be reserved for some kid kicking a can about outside the stadium and then being asked to fill in for Rooney upfront? Or for the average fan who's seat number gets called out to replace De Gea in goal as he crashed into the sub keeper during the warm up to injure them both.

Hardly Roy of the Rovers stuff. Rant over.

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Man Utd signing someone from a club owned by Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and Phil Neville, well i never :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here