Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v India

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
England doing their usual level best to throw away a winning position.

India bowled out for 200
England 43/3 :shit:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe its a duff wicket, if we keep India down to 200 how would you expect us to do ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What an absolute shower. Thought the pitch looked a little dodgy this morning but all that is required is a little discipline.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Oh dear oh dear. Bunch of bottle jobs after bowling them out for 200, 66/5? Utter shit England.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What an absolute shower. Thought the pitch looked a little dodgy this morning but all that is required is a little discipline.

Exactly, not a huge total, so why is Ravi trying to cut a wide shoulder high ball? They've no brains when batting - that had nothing to do with the pitch, that was another England player gifting their wicket.

They've let the state of the pitch get to them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WTF are they playing at? Direct hit would have got a simple run out there

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's the usual sad story again plus, I'm listening on 5Live sports extra, I'm having to cope with the indignity of gloating ABC coverage instead of TMS. I wondered why Aggers was in bed with his dog Wednesday night.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why do some of these players STILL get in the team? Bopara has been failing for years but somehow he still gets a place? I don't get it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why do some of these players STILL get in the team? Bopara has been failing for years but somehow he still gets a place? I don't get it.

At the point of being dropped, he always seems to deliver either a few wickets, or gets England out of a hole with the bat. In between these events, it is largely meh….

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Quite simply we are not good enough at any form of limited overs cricket.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quite simply we are not good enough at any form of limited overs cricket.

Indeed. We have the odd good innings or good bowling performance but we consistently fail to close out a game on a regular basis. I wouldn't put a bean on us for the World Cup or The Ashes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here