Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time Wrexham

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Is Welsh NHS worse than England's?

Blah blah blah blah blah

Dimbleby asks - 'does the fact that people don't pay for prescriptions in Wales mean there's a lot less money to spend on healthcare?'

'Yes' answers everyone.

Well that was hard.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Immensely dull QT this week.

Needs Starky. That cantankerous old tit always livens things up. I'd have him on every week.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The young Nigella Lawson look-a-like is nauseating.

The BBC predictably staying clear of other current news topics. Will be interesting to see how long they can keep it up.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Wrexham is just over the border from Cheshire & their accent is nothing like Ruth Madoc's in Hi-de-Hi.....

Appreciate the geography lesson, that explains why, in the first half of the show a lot of them sounded as though they were from the Home Counties with no hint of Scouse I guess.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I love it when the audience clap someone who has made a statement in which they clearly know little of the detail.

The show is just one pointless pantomime.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If anyone wants to see the contempt Labour hold the South East in then watch the bit where Hain suggests fracking should be limited to West Sussex #Tw@t

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wrexham is just over the border from Cheshire & their accent is nothing like Ruth Madoc's in Hi-de-Hi.....

They're on very good terms with the folk in Chester, I hear...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worst QT for a long while. I'm fed up with the Welsh banging on like they're special, I think Sussex is special but I don't go on about it all the fvckin' time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If anyone wants to see the contempt Labour hold the South East in then watch the bit where Hain suggests fracking should be limited to West Sussex #Tw@t

Yep, that got right on my tits. I was admiring his honesty until that point and then he kindly reminded me why voting Labour would be a really bad idea.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Telegraph blogger, Maltby, how dire was she! Couldn't appear to string a cohesive sentence together and some very odd views. If women want to smoke and damage their unborn child then that's up to them! Not sure she really thought that through as, of course, it's the rest of society that will have to pick up the bill for the baby's health and possibly educational challenges. However, it didn't sink as low as the ridiculous comments from the alleged student of psychology who compared the scheme to give smoking mothers shopping vouchers to selling your child!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I think you'll find Hain was using it as an analogy in that fracking would never take place in a safe Tory seat where votes could be lost.

Which shows him up even more if that is the case given one of the biggest test drillings and associated demos was in ...... West Sussex.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Which shows him up even more if that is the case given one of the biggest test drillings and associated demos was in ...... West Sussex.

Exactly. It was a cheap political point to curry favour with a Welsh audience at the expense of the mean nasty south east of England with all their money and stuff.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Exactly. It was a cheap political point to curry favour with a Welsh audience at the expense of the mean nasty south east of England with all their money and stuff.

Agreed, and it makes you wonder given the studio audience was all of 200 when the viewing audience around the whole of the UK, including viewers from West Sussex, was multiples of that. Why play to the smallest audience ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Nicely mis-quoted!

Yes, possibly a slight mis-quote - more like 'we don't want fracking in anywhere near Wrexham but it's OK if it's somewhere like West Sussex'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here