Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best eleven

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Having a chat with a mate today and was surprised how different his view was on our best eleven when all fit. So what's yours?
I'd go for-

Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Greer Bennett

Ince Stephens

Baldock Tex Lua lua

O'grady

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That looks good enough, although as much as we all love COG, I think Best might be a better goalscorer, and he looks strong, good at holding the ball up, and quick too. We shall see on that one.
That as a starting line-up, looking to bring March and Colunga off the bench for me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
With the likes of Kaz & Stephens coming back from injury, O'Grady staying, and the signings of Best, Halford, & Kayal our squad is looking very strong...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Having a chat with a mate today and was surprised how different his view was on our best eleven when all fit. So what's yours?
I'd go for-

Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Greer Bennett

Ince Stephens

Baldock Tex Lua lua

O'grady
Not bad. Begs the question of why we've signed Best and Kayal though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With the likes of Kaz & Stephens coming back from injury, O'Grady staying, and the signings of Best, Halford, & Kayal our squad is looking very strong...

Certainly is.

The only constant I can see in forthcoming games is Stockdale and a back 4 of Bruno Dunk Greer & Bennett. Lots of permutations available now for the midfield and attack.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Greer started the season playing some of his best football, but that's beginning to seem like a long time ago.

There seems to be a bit of negativity towards Holla creeping into NSC, which I don't see.
I wonder if Ince's recent show reel performances are due to DH being along side him, or not.
Plus Holla's ability to cleanly hit a dead ball/20 yarder makes me think DH shouldn't drop down the pecking order.

The key position, as it always has been, is the midfielder in front of those 2.
If Stephens or Kayal can own that place then we are off and the season starts here.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd go for-

Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Greer Bennett

Ince Stephens

Baldock Tex Lua lua

O'grady

Very good team this. If you change the criteria from 'fit' to 'players in the form of their life' you could have a very different team.

Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Hughes Bennett

Kayal Kemy

McCourt Tex Lua lua

Bent

CheshireSeagull

Jul 24, 2009
Cheshire
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

Crofts
Ince
Stephens

March
LuaLua

O'Grady

For me this would allow us to challenge for playoffs need a 20 goal a season striker to be promotion contenders though

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Very good team this. If you change the criteria from 'fit' to 'players in the form of their life' you could have a very different team.

Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Hughes Bennett

Kayal Kemy

McCourt Tex Lua lua

Bent

How does Bent get in the team given that he is now at Derby.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Probably not actually our best eleven, but I'd be interested in seeing this:

------------------Stockdale--------------------
---Bruno-------Dunk----Halford-----Benno----
--------------Ince-------Stephens------------------
---------Teixeira----------------LuaLua--------
-------------O'Grady------Baldcock------------

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Greer started the season playing some of his best football, but that's beginning to seem like a long time ago.

There seems to be a bit of negativity towards Holla creeping into NSC, which I don't see.
I wonder if Ince's recent show reel performances are due to DH being along side him, or not.
Plus Holla's ability to cleanly hit a dead ball/20 yarder makes me think DH shouldn't drop down the pecking order.

If Stephens or Kayal can own that place then we are off and the season starts here.

Agree with you on a lot of this, and especially your characterisation of Greer's season. His turning circle isn't much better than mine, as has been exposed a few times this month.
I think it's looking good with the front six, and especially the midfield three. DH looks like he waddles when he runs, and can be slow, but he has a number of qualities that you indicate. Ince is back on form, and with Stephens and Kayal coming back/in, Tex turning it on and perhaps JFC used sparingly, things are looking up in that department. I hope Baldock has started a goalscoring run, and if that's the case, and we can share the front man load between Best and O'Grady and they can chip in with a few, then with March, KLL and Colunga challenging, we should find our way into mid-table obscurity by the end of the season. Primed -- with a few quality additions -- for greater things next season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't think we have a best 11. All depends on who we play and how the selected players play. Look at Tex v Ipswich, incredible ! but at times has been gash.

saltdeanseagull

Jul 31, 2011
Without knowing how Kayal will fit into our team yet I would go for:

Stockdale

Bruno DUNK HUGHES Bennett

Ince Stephens

Texiera Baldock KLL

COG

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think Hughton very much see's the team set up with a Defensive 6 and an Attacking 4 and obviously a keeper.

I would pick our strongest team as.

Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Halford Bennett

Ince Kayal

Lua Lua Stephens Baldock

O'Grady

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Holla is decent enough, but for a holding midfielder he cant actually tackle or run....

We need more legs in there, hence the purchase of Kayal I believe.

And with Stephens just in front of those 2 it sounds pretty good, he also puts a proper shift in and gets around the pitch, would be a very strong 3 for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here