Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-211214-l229-2158212_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
19:13 29th January 2015
by James Hilsum
I’m really excited to get going as it will give me a benchmark of where we are compared to a Super League team."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs is relishing the prospect of facing Women’s Super League Two side, Watford in an FA Cup third round tie this Sunday.

Marrs believes the game will be an excellent opportunity to assess the standard of his players against a team from a tier above Albion in the women’s football pyramid.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m really excited to get going as it will give me a benchmark of where we are compared to a Super League team.
“All the players want to give a good account themselves and this will give us a real base of where we might need to improve in the future.
“We are the underdogs, but we still need to make sure that we’re on our game. Our preparation has been really good this week and the girls are absolutely flying."
The Albion manager warned his players of the quality that Watford possess, but explained that the pressure is off to a degree.
“The array of players they’ve got are at the next level and they will have a lot more ammunition and firepower to be able to hurt us.
“If you make mistakes against a team from a higher level then you get punished for them, so there’s not much margin for error this weekend.
“We want to make it as difficult as we can for Watford and as long as we’re competitive and give a good account of ourselves then I’ll be happy with that.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Seagulls have been affected by a number of postponements at the start of 2015, meaning Sunday’s match is only the third game of the calendar year for Marrs’s side.
Despite this frustration, the team are still competing in four different competitions and the Albion manager is hoping momentum can be gained in the coming weeks.
“Unfortunately we’ve had a number of games postponed since the Christmas break so we haven’t had a consistent run of games in a while and that is the only way you can build up a head of steam.
“We’re still in three cup competitions, but whether we’re playing in a league or cup game it doesn’t matter as they’re all opportunities for the players to get valuable game time.
“If we can get a run of victories in those games then that would be fantastic for the club.”
TEAM NEWS
Lauren Davis will miss Sunday’s game with a shoulder injury, while Lisa Fulgence is still out with a long-term knee injury. Otherwise the Albion boss has a full squad of players available.[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here