Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Employment Contract

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Any HR gurus out there on NSC ?

We have just been advised out offices in London will be refurbished, we pretty well knew this given that there was a consultation on ideas coupled with a time and motion woman with a iPad who for 6 weeks on the hour every working hour walked round the two floors we have ticking which desk was occupied or not and meeting rooms etc.

So our section of 5 actually run a service for customers from our office however the current ruling I have been given is that the refurbished offices will be like Google with creative thinking zones and all that malarky therefore no-one will have an assigned desk or desk draw ergo I am assuming they want us to be home workers.

If they do should I ask for my base location to change in my employment contract or is it pretty insignificant in the bigger picture ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Hot desking is quite common in a lot of companies these days - it happens where I am so those first in get the desks. People are often left without desks and have to move to other teams on the floor.

Unsure what the answer is to your employment contract question but you would presumably lose any London entitlements if you worked from home?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not understanding why you conclude this means you become a home worker.

At my company, you grab a desk and log into the phone. Why do you need a drawer?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK the ruling at present is because our service is not classed a essential we should only come to the office as and when we feel like it but should try where possible to WFH.

It appears all desks will be hot desks so cannot be bothered to fight over it when I can cut out 4 hours travel WFH

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here