Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: QUARTER FINAL FOUR***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The last quarter final of WHC VIII. You know what to do. You've got 24 hours to do it in.

The Combatants:

Seagull
seagull-looking-for-a.jpg

Group Stage: Won Group C 4th place play off against Japanese Giant Hornet
2nd Round: Defeated Mantis Shrimp

Seagull is the surprise package of WHC VIII. Although he was always likely to have some support due to his affiliation with the Worlds Greatest Football Club, he has done outstandingly to reach the quarter finals for the first time in his WHC career. In a group containing Honey Badger and Hippo it was always likely that he'd be fighting for the final qualifying places. He showed his mettle when he tied for fourth and had to go head to head with the more experienced Japanese Giant Hornet. He smashed it, winning the play off comfortably. He was then drawn against Mantis Shrimp, the reigning champion and in the shock of the tournament sent him packing too. So whats his secret? Well, first up it is a highly intelligent and brave bird. It has been known to fly into the mouths of surfacing whales to peck out flesh to eat. It loves to dive bomb its victims and will eat just about anything. Will have a go on its own but also loves to attack in a mob. Can take out prey on land, at sea or in the air. That's been enough to get it this far, is it enough to take it further?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gull

Vs

Wolverine
n4fa238c23d621.jpg

Group Stage: Winner Group A
2nd Round: Defeated Mongoose

Wolverine is another beast who is having a great WHC tournament. Often its a struggle to get out of the group stage but this year the usually underrated wolverine has got the popular support its talents deserve. Small and muscular with razor sharp teeth and claws it has a strength disproportionate to its diminutive size and is famed for its ferocity, defending its kills against much larger animals such as wolves and bears. It has been observed trying to take a kill away from a bear and in one account attacked and killed a Polar Bear by biting and clinging to the Polar's throat until it suffocated. Is it enough to see off the Seagull? You have the power to decide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wolverine killed a POLAR BEAR?

Eff me, #TeamWolverine all the way.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The fact that it has killed a polar bear is huge. Also the seagull's participation is nearly as much of a joke as that stupid cat.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Wolverine killed a polar bear! This will destroy any fututre competition. If the Mouse goes out, which it shouldnt. Team Wolverine for me. **** go WOLVERINE.

Name another animal with an X-Men Named after it!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a good job that comments on previous threads don't count as votes because I have VASCILLATED. Seagulls are clearly hard. There's the cricket ball thing. There's the fact that they look at me through my window at all times of day like they want to tear me a new one. There's that picture of one with the arrow or whatever through its head. But the news that a Wolverine has killed a POLAR BEAR changes everything. I had previously prepared a defence of the seagull based largely on the fact that one had once stolen and eaten my friend Steve's Burrito at Churchill Square. Wolverine wouldn't have done that. Wolverine would have eaten Steve. Sorry, oh mighty seagull but this fact - and the fact that you are flying vermin with a propensity for soiling the roof of my car - means that I have abandoned you for the Wolverine.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The Wolverine killed a polar bear! This will destroy any fututre competition. If the Mouse goes out, which it shouldnt. Team Wolverine for me. **** go WOLVERINE.

Name another animal with an X-Men Named after it!

The X Men, like the stories of wolverines killing polar bears, is fiction. Exaggerated friend of a friend version of one incident from the 1940s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpTrkq4Gwv8

Don't be swayed by this nonsense.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I clicked wrong. Still the seagull can keep my vote as consolation.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
From the seagull point of view, this is reminiscent of last year's play offs. The ectasy of qualifying / beating the shrimp, soon followed by a trouncing. The seagull can't even offer the excuse of its centre halfs being injured. It just wasn't as WHC-ready as I wanted to believe.

That polar bear story does need to be treated as inadmissable hearsay in the semis.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The X Men, like the stories of wolverines killing polar bears, is fiction. Exaggerated friend of a friend version of one incident from the 1940s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpTrkq4Gwv8

Don't be swayed by this nonsense.

All information for the Animal Biography's in the opening posts of each group/match up are taken from the same place-Wikipedia. I even include a link to the Wikipedia page so that people can confirm that I'm not making stuff up. I'll quote the sentence from wiki for you:

In another account, a wolverine attacked a polar bear and clung to its throat until the bear suffocated.[17][18]

Note the numbers 17 and 18. They're the references for the said quote.

Also, note that both wikipedia and my bio piece use the word 'account'. That, to my mind, sufficiently implies that it is not recorded in pictorial or video form but has been witnessed and verbally told.

You are welcome to highlight that there is no officially documented evidence of it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
All information for the Animal Biography's in the opening posts of each group/match up are taken from the same place-Wikipedia. I even include a link to the Wikipedia page so that people can confirm that I'm not making stuff up. I'll quote the sentence from wiki for you:

In another account, a wolverine attacked a polar bear and clung to its throat until the bear suffocated.[17][18]

Note the numbers 17 and 18. They're the references for the said quote.

Also, note that both wikipedia and my bio piece use the word 'account'. That, to my mind, sufficiently implies that it is not recorded in pictorial or video form but has been witnessed and verbally told.

You are welcome to highlight that there is no officially documented evidence of it.

I intended no sleight on the committee and did note your judicious use of the word 'account'.

I was merely trying to remind the electorate that Wikipedia, is not a peer reviewed source, and should be read critically.

Too late: Dead seagull.

That's politics.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I intended no sleight on the committee and did note your judicious use of the word 'account'.

I was merely trying to remind the electorate that Wikipedia, is not a peer reviewed source, and should be read critically.

Too late: Dead seagull.

That's politics.

Fair enough. I was clarifying for everyone that all info in the opening posts are sourced from the same place and that there is no intentional bias in those bio's. Any posts I make thereafter are open to accusations of bias as they're my personal opinions. The opening posts are intended to give as fair and favourable an account (as far as possible given there are 40 odd creatures nominated each year)of all competitors regardless of my personal opinion, unless wiki gives me nothing to work with or there is a joke nominee like the tabby cat (which can **** right off). :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here