Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Significant NON Transfer News at 3pm: MOTD keeps Prem Highlights

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
...only posted because I hope they keep the FL Show from Channel Five, as I have severe doubts whether C5's promise to deliver a 9pm show on a Saturday night would be feasible...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Disappointing news yesterday that the cricket World Cup highlights are going to ITV. Can't think what that's going to be like. Have ITV ever done cricket before?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
ITV also did do the IPL on ITV 4.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
...only posted because I hope they keep the FL Show from Channel Five, as I have severe doubts whether C5's promise to deliver a 9pm show on a Saturday night would be feasible...

I believe that Channel 5 have already secured the rights to the football league highlights which I think is a good thing. They can't do it any worse than the BBC currently are. They make us wait until a ridiculous time to see it after they've wasted loads of time in MOTD showing things that are absolutely pointless. And they may well show a more even coverage of games. It really annoys me when the BBC show 10 minute highlights of one game and 30 seconds of another game that includes the team walking on the pitch or getting off the coach.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any word yet on how much the BBC ( us ) paid The Premier League for the package ? The Beeb seem a little shy on that .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here