Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: QUARTER FINAL TWO***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Aretha Franklin knew her stuff when she sang 'you gotta think, think, think...' That's what you have to do before voting. THINK. This is one of, if not the most exciting and anticipated match ups of the tournament so far. Don't be hasty and waste your vote. You've got 24 hours.

The Combatants:

Honey Badger
honey-badger.jpg

Group Stage: 1st Group C
2nd round: Defeated Tardigrade

Honey Badger is a WHC veteran and legend. Three time finalist he is yet to claim the title but this could well be the year that changes. This little fella is a very heavily muscled fighting machine with powerful jaws and claws. He is happy to fight anything that comes into its path, including Lions. Hunts, kills and eats poisonous snakes. This ferocious beast is a terror to all around it and rightly is regarded as one of the favourites for the tournament.

Vs

Grasshopper Mouse
mouse_fightingcentipede_480x360.jpg

Group Stage: 4th Group A
2nd Round: Defeated Komodo Dragon

One of the two break out stars of WHC VII the Grasshopper Mouse has shown he's no flash in the pan by reaching his second consecutive quarter final. It's a tough match up, no doubt, but he's up for the challenge and won't be intimidated by his illustrious opponent. This mouse is no ordinary mouse. For starters he howls. Like a wolf. He howls like a wolf. Then there's the fact that he's aggressive. Very, very aggressive. Put a group of them in the same cage and within hours there'll only be one left. Having fought each other to the death the victor will cannibalise his victims. Unlike other mice they hunt their prey....and what prey it is! Not just insects they'll hunt, kill and eat snakes and scorpions too. Mickey this mouse aint.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All's fair in love, war and WHC, right?

If you vote for the badger you're banned from NSC for the rest of the season.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
All's fair in love, war and WHC, right?

If you vote for the badger you're banned from NSC for the rest of the season.

Could we please have a hint as to what the badger has done to you?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Honey Badger FACTS for anyone who might not be aware…

- They have been known to pick fights with, and KILL, animals multiple times their size.
- They WELCOME the stings of KILLER bees
- There is Video evidence of a fully grown LION waking up a Honey Badger. MISTAKE. It is so pissed off at being awoken that it goes mental and chases off the supposed ‘king of the beasts’
- Known to CASTRATE humans.
- Known to CASTRATE Wildebeest. WILDEBEEST.
- A puff adder has venom that can kill up to 5 people at once. If a Honey badger gets bitten by one it will have a little lie down then wake up and EAT the puff adder.
- it literally has no CONCEPT of fear
- A tiny ball of pure aggression

HARD.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The mouse may be hard, but it's not honey badger hard.
Yes the mouse takes down venomous creatures of about its own size, but it's immune to the venom.
Honey badger will have a go at anything, even with the odds well against it. For anyone who has seen the film McVicar:

I know I'm not going to win this fight, but I'll come the best ****ing second you've ever seen!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Cracking contest this one. Always looked like it would be a close one and the early voting bears this out. Both creatures as HARD as the decision.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A reminder of some of what WHC's 2015 Champion in the making, the Grasshopper Mouse, does:

- Takes on tarantulas, giant centipedes, snakes and scorpions. Disregarding the fact that all these animals are venomous - that's like you taking on a tarantula the size of a car, something like an alligator with 80 legs, or a snake the length of train. POUND FOR POUND hardness.

- Despite being smaller than your hand, it commands a territory of about 28 ACRES. In fact, put a group of these mice in an enclosed space and there is a BLOODBATH - they fight until there is only one left.

- When attacking prey and predators alike, they are known to disarm their enemy by biting their heads off

- After making a kill, they stand on their back legs and HOWL. A great big GET-OFF-MY-LAND death-shriek.

- These mice live in burrows which have been abandoned by its original owner, or which they invade and overtake by force. BEASTMODE

- Aggression within the species is so strong that in 90 tests, in which two animals of the same sex were placed in 5x5 m cages, 90% of fights ended with death of the loser. BLOOD BATH

- The bark scorpion is, the most venomous scorpion in North America, wielding an intensely painful – and potentially lethal – sting that stuns and deters snakes, birds and other predators. People unfortunate enough to have experienced the sting say that it produces an immediate burning sensation, followed by prolonged throbbing pain that can last for hours.

But the grasshopper mouse is completely resistant to the bark scorpion's venom. In fact, it actively preys upon scorpions and other poisonous creatures. it responds to the bark scorpion's sting by licking its paw for a second or two, before resuming its attack, then killing and eating the scorpion, starting with the stinger and the bulb containing the venom. CHEMICAL WAREFARE. it actually turns the venom into some form of pain relief, so probably shoots up on this shit like a junkey before going ape shit.

Tell me this little beast isnt hard... BITCH.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A reminder of some of what WHC's 2015 Champion in the making, the Grasshopper Mouse, does:

- Takes on tarantulas, giant centipedes, snakes and scorpions. Disregarding the fact that all these animals are venomous - that's like you taking on a tarantula the size of a car, something like an alligator with 80 legs, or a snake the length of train. POUND FOR POUND hardness.

- Despite being smaller than your hand, it commands a territory of about 28 ACRES. In fact, put a group of these mice in an enclosed space and there is a BLOODBATH - they fight until there is only one left.

- When attacking prey and predators alike, they are known to disarm their enemy by biting their heads off

- After making a kill, they stand on their back legs and HOWL. A great big GET-OFF-MY-LAND death-shriek.

- These mice live in burrows which have been abandoned by its original owner, or which they invade and overtake by force. BEASTMODE

- Aggression within the species is so strong that in 90 tests, in which two animals of the same sex were placed in 5x5 m cages, 90% of fights ended with death of the loser. BLOOD BATH

- The bark scorpion is, the most venomous scorpion in North America, wielding an intensely painful – and potentially lethal – sting that stuns and deters snakes, birds and other predators. People unfortunate enough to have experienced the sting say that it produces an immediate burning sensation, followed by prolonged throbbing pain that can last for hours.

But the grasshopper mouse is completely resistant to the bark scorpion's venom. In fact, it actively preys upon scorpions and other poisonous creatures. it responds to the bark scorpion's sting by licking its paw for a second or two, before resuming its attack, then killing and eating the scorpion, starting with the stinger and the bulb containing the venom. CHEMICAL WAREFARE. it actually turns the venom into some form of pain relief, so probably shoots up on this shit like a junkey before going ape shit.

Tell me this little beast isnt hard... BITCH.

I believe you missed: "Preyed upon by owls, coyotes, snakes and other predators and are easily displaced by human populations." Seen humans try to take on HB? The BBC made a film about how they can't be gaoled. http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Badgers-Masters-Mayhem-PBS/dp/B00IJUSMRQ

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Again just opening mouse's defence with an outright lie. All the documentary evidence shows the mouse taking on creatures of at best roughly similar bodyweight, and the animals are not venomous to the mouse.

Out of respect for the mouse as a competitor I revise my previous analogy - it's nothing like me taking on a tarantula the size of a car, something like an alligator with 80 legs, or a snake the length of a train - It's more like me kicking the crap out of an adolescent throwing peanuts at me. Get me I'm so hard not being allergic to peanuts and winning a fight against someone a bit smaller.

Pound for Pound Honey Badger is far far harder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here