Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst play/musical you have ever seen?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I will start with 'Never Forget' the Take That musical.

The audience was 60% hen parties, 30% gay couples, and the rest were blokes like me with their other halves who had bought tickets with the hope of thanks being shown when we got home.

Truly dreadful.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

The audience was 60% hen parties, 30% gay couples, and the rest were blokes like me with their other halves who had bought tickets with the hope of thanks being shown when we got home.

Truly dreadful.

Oh dear :facepalm:

Not sure anyone will top that.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Lord of the Rings.

Not a decent song in it.

Plus trying to condense it down to a couple of hours

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Truly dreadful.

I suppose, though, the fact is: you will Never Forget it, will you?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does the ten minutes I witnessed of Pierce Brosnan singing in Mamma Mia (the movie) count?

I've never been able to watch the entire thing, so I'm perhaps not qualified to judge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Run For Your Wife" by Ray Cooney. An absolute farce.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Rat Boy - described as a big cult hit in the USA - described by me and my brother and our wives as the biggest pile of poo ever to hit a major London Theatre.

It was so bad that you've probably never heard of it - count your blessings!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A play version of the diaries of Samuel Pepys at the Theatre Royal. It was on during the Brighton Festival but man alive did it stink the place out.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This was 1985 and it is still fresh in my mind. A two person play with Alan Bates and Frances de la Tour. Proper top-rate actors. Sound promising.

It was among the worst evenings of my life. An indecipherable plot, which mainly revolved around two people shouting at each other. I have no idea why we didn't leave at the interval - but we stuck it out to the very bitter end to see what happened (no Wikipedia then), and I can confirm nothing happened. Nightmare.

Just looked it up. It was three and a half hours ............................. Riverside Studio at Hammersmith.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here