Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birdies... Birdies...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
“I’ve got girl twins that are nine-and-a-half months and a three-year-old boy who’s starting to understand the game a bit more. He’s seen his Dad on the sidelines for too long now and he needs to see me score some goals.

“I’m going to the ground now to collect all their kits, before flying back home because I’ve not seen my children for a few days.

“I’m going to kit my son up. Obviously he had a Ram when I was at Derby, so I have had to tell him he’s got a birdy now because he doesn’t know what a Seagull is yet! He’s waiting for his birdie kit!

“I’ve had to order him a few kits because as soon as I bring it home he’ll have it on every day.”

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/leon-best-settling-in-well-2232515.aspx

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good on him for embracing the experience fully.

You never know. Every so often, a player who's always promised to achieve throughout his career finally finds his place, and really kicks on. Someone like Sam Vokes, who'd roamed around on loan at various clubs, never really scoring loads but never looking completely useless either, has settled in at Burnley (pre injury) and done really well.

Perhaps we could be that place for Leon. Wouldn't that be nice? :)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was really excited when we signed him, as I remember thinking he looked excellent at Newcastle. That was soon knocked out of me - my son reliably informed me that he was, in fact, rubbish.

But I don't think he is - I'm gonna have the last laugh, aren't I? I like what you say, Edna, yes, it would be lovely if we are the club where Leon finds himself.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was really excited when we signed him, as I remember thinking he looked excellent at Newcastle. That was soon knocked out of me - my son reliably informed me that he was, in fact, rubbish.

But I don't think he is - I'm gonna have the last laugh, aren't I? I like what you say, Edna, yes, it would be lovely if we are the club where Leon finds himself.

I'm not completely deluded, and I realise the fact that most unsuccessful players are that way because, put quite simply, they're not up to it. But every now & again, somebody finds himself at a club where he likes the environment, feels wanted by the manager, clicks with the other players, and just fits right in. Goldilocks Syndrome. Remember: there was once a season where Billy Paynter scored 30 odd goals for Swindon.

You never know, do you? :D

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Good on him for embracing the experience fully.

You never know. Every so often, a player who's always promised to achieve throughout his career finally finds his place, and really kicks on. Someone like Sam Vokes, who'd roamed around on loan at various clubs, never really scoring loads but never looking completely useless either, has settled in at Burnley (pre injury) and done really well.

Perhaps we could be that place for Leon. Wouldn't that be nice? :)

nice post :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here