Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can this be done (from the mail )

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Manchester United tell season-ticket holders to splash out £50 for Cambridge tie or be BANNED from Sunderland game
Manchester United host Cambridge in FA Cup replay on February 3
United's season-ticket holders have to buy extra tickets for cup matches
Those that do not are automatically suspended for one game

Can you imagine that at the Amex !!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nothing new. They've always done it for cup games. My old boss is a Man U season ticket holder and told me about this a couple of years ago. Right or wrong, them's the rules when you sign up, so yes, yes they can do it I suppose.

Oh, and use of the word "banned" is just the usual Daily Mail hyperbolic bollox we come to expect from the rag. The person isn't "banned" at all, just their smart card won't work for that game.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Exactly the same thing happened last season, but it was a champions league game against Olympiakos and risked missing the Manchester Derby.

The terms and conditions of United’s season tickets stipulate that failure to buy additional tickets for cup matches (although there are some exceptions, including the Capital One Cup) forfeits the holder’s right to attend the subsequent Premier League match – in this case the visit of Manchester City to Old Trafford.

A United spokesman said: ‘The terms and conditions are clear: “In respect of each home cup match for which the ticket holder fails to provide valid payment card details or for which the ticket holder’s card or payment is declined, the ticket holder’s season ticket may be suspended for one home league match.”

‘This measure was introduced at the start of last season. If we successfully sell the ticket the fan has failed to pay for, they can apply for a refund of the City ticket at the end of the season.’

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/26/manch...erby-ban-over-olympiakos-ticket-snub-4324593/

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
As most fans will have paid by card or DD the payment will automatically be taken anyway, like our Gold or Platinum schemes did.
No, of course they can't legally ban them from the stadium, not without a court order.
But what fan is going to bother to bring any action?
Oh, and having had a look at my mate's letter, the club ARE using the word "banned"

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Sorry, should have read aren't using the word banned.
They are suspending the season ticket.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nothing new. They've always done it for cup games. My old boss is a Man U season ticket holder and told me about this a couple of years ago. Right or wrong, them's the rules when you sign up, so yes, yes they can do it I suppose.

Oh, and use of the word "banned" is just the usual Daily Mail hyperbolic bollox we come to expect from the rag. The person isn't "banned" at all, just their smart card won't work for that game.
If their smart card won't work for one game , then they're banned for one game, regardless of whether you think the use of the word is hype or not.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If their smart card won't work for one game , then they're banned for one game, regardless of whether you think the use of the word is hype or not.

I know what you are saying, but they could still go, if they got a ticket from elsewhere, they will not be kicked out if they get a ticket elsewhere. however essentially the same thing.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Nothing to stop that person buying another ticket = not banned

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's £50 to watch Man United play a league 2 side in the FA cup fourth round?

Yup, and by the time they have fleeced you at the Megastore and the touts outside have sold you a half and half scarf it will be a lot more than that.

I could think of two words to describe the Glazer's idea of setting up United's auto-enrolling cup scheme, but I'll condense that to just one, FUNTS

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Does anyone know the away prices for this game? They cant be forcing Cambridge to stump up £50 for an away game?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know the away prices for this game? They cant be forcing Cambridge to stump up £50 for an away game?

I think you're confusing the respective wealth of the football clubs with that of their supporters.

Just because somebody supports Cambridge, doesn't mean they're in poverty. Similarly, I bet there are Man United fans who spend far more than they can really afford on a season ticket (just as some Albion fans would).

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

According to the Telegraph:

Manchester United will not reduce ticket prices for their FA Cup fourth-round replay against Cambridge.
Manchester City lowered the cost of tickets for their cup tie against Middlesbrough to help boost numbers at the Etihad Stadium, but their rivals will not follow suit.
Adult United and Cambridge fans will have to pay full price for the replay, which will take place a week on Tuesday at Old Trafford.
Adult fans will pay between £31 and £53 to watch the match at the 75,000-seater stadium.
Cambridge, who are entitled to 45 per cent of ticket revenue, are likely to receive a sizeable windfall, particularly if the match sells out.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think you're confusing the respective wealth of the football clubs with that of their supporters.

Just because somebody supports Cambridge, doesn't mean they're in poverty. Similarly, I bet there are Man United fans who spend far more than they can really afford on a season ticket (just as some Albion fans would).

I don't think I have confused anything at all.

I wouldn't expect Bognor who pay around £10 a ticket then to pay £43 a ticket if they played us in the cup.

Much like when we have played Countless other lower placed teams than ourselves in the cup.

On the plus side for Cambridge it should maximise thier payday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here