Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Window Ending

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think I've seen much on here with regards to credible rumours and the window shuts soon. We've signed Best and the Celtic lad but I'm sure there will be more to come...

Anyone heard any credible rumours? I'm hoping Elliott Bennet on a permenant deal is one of the more likely additions...?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Sadly 4 good results have given the club an excuse to do things on the cheap. Hope the bubble doesn't burst and we start losing again, otherwise we could be in real trouble

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With 6 senior players out of contract in the summer, and the 4 loans leaving at the end of the season, it would be very wise to start building the 2015/16 team now.

Hopefully, we'll get 2 or 3 in ( Bennett, Power, decent striker ).

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It would be nice to see a quality striker and another attacking midfielder / wide player. I'm with others though, Hughton can keep us up easily with the squad we have now so we shouldn't over pay for players now.

We'll see I guess.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
With 6 senior players out of contract in the summer, and the 4 loans leaving, it would be very wise to start building next season's team now.

Stop talking sense this instant, you will start a conspiracy theory.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I reckon,if COG and Paddy depart,they will be replaced.

Not so sure about Paddy we have sufficient midfielders that we have to carry already. Replace him with an effective box to box midfielder and yes I am up for that. An experienced Ince type midfielder, win the ball, pass it and shoot if in range.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Not so sure about Paddy we have sufficient midfielders that we have to carry already. Replace him with an effective box to box midfielder and yes I am up for that. An experienced Ince type midfielder, win the ball, pass it and shoot if in range.

I'm hoping that Kayal is that box to box midfielder and I'm also hoping that COG stays.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I must say I'm pleased with this transfer window. With the table how it was before the window I was expecting a flurry of panic buys and loans.

However, it shows you with Burke and Sammi out that we now have a good manager with a cool head and I think it's likely that no signings made during the Hughton tenure will be labelled as "panic buying". He's gone about business well, got results and played people who just seemed desperate for a chance in COG and Ince.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
With 6 senior players out of contract in the summer, and the 4 loans leaving at the end of the season, it would be very wise to start building the 2015/16 team now.

Only if the quality is available and the price isn't silly, the chances of that happening in the January transfer window are slim.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree.
The squad is good, just needs managing correctly.

Agree. Make a few additions in the summer to replace, and hopefully improve on, the out of contract players when they're released at the end of June. Bringing in players now in anticipation of departures is an expensive business given that 5-6 months wages will cost in the region of £250k per player, not to mention that there are no out of contract players at this time of year, so a transfer fee is likely to be required.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sadly 4 good results have given the club an excuse to do things on the cheap. Hope the bubble doesn't burst and we start losing again, otherwise we could be in real trouble

Or, alternatively, they've realised that with the squad we've got, we're able to GET those results, as opposed to earlier in the season where the whole team didn't know whether it was coming or going.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Tony lost the Transfer Window Money in the Poker tournament?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here