Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
best-280115-l229-2232519_478x359.jpg

Leon Best
Image by: Tom Irving

PUBLISHED
06:00 29th January 2015
by James Hilsum
Now I’m in a position where I’m really looking after myself and injuries are not holding me back."
Leon Best
Brighton & Hove Albion’s January signing Leon Best says he has settled in straight away on the south coast and has already got his family firmly behind the Seagulls.The latest addition to Albion’s forward line revealed how he plans to get his young son into the spirit of supporting the club, by ordering him this season’s replica kit from the club superstore.
He said, “I feel at home already.* I’m still in the hotel but it’s really nice down here. My family is from Nottingham, but my other half’s family are from Bournemouth and I moved to Southampton at 15, so I know about the south coast already.
“I’ve got girl twins that are nine-and-a-half months and a three-year-old boy who’s starting to understand the game a bit more. He’s seen his Dad on the sidelines for too long now and he needs to see me score some goals.
“I’m going to the ground now to collect all their kits, before flying back home because I’ve not seen my children for a few days.
“I’m going to kit my son up. Obviously he had a Ram when I was at Derby, so I have had to tell him he’s got a birdy now because he doesn’t know what a Seagull is yet! He’s waiting for his birdie kit!
“I’ve had to order him a few kits because as soon as I bring it home he’ll have it on every day.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Best is currently working his way back to full match fitness after only making three starts for Derby in his previous loan spell at the iPro Stadium, and played 61 minutes for Albion’s under-21s in their 3-0 win over Middlesbrough on Monday.“Not a lot of people know, unless you play the game, how hard it is to come on and play at the level you want to when you’re not fit and you haven’t got the sharpness that you want.
“I’m my biggest critic and I still want to be playing regularly at whatever level I can and scoring regularly as well. You’re not going to be able to come off the bench for two or three minutes and score three goals.
“I want to have a season where I’m scoring a lot of goals and throughout my career I’ve always had niggling injuries that have stopped me playing for the whole season. Now I’m in a position where I’m really looking after myself and injuries are not holding me back.
“The main aim for me is to get as fit as I can and contribute to the team getting higher up the table.”
[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here