Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ovo Energy Gas price cut of 10.4%

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just switched today from BG to Extra Energy ... have 14 day cooling off period so will keep an eye open. If one of the budget players has moved then assume they all will

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
My fixed contract ends in early june. Btw i am hugely impressed by ovo. Very essy to do business with, cheaper, interest om account balances. So far no downside

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm with EDF 1.3% ! Tight gits!

Me too. Bloody furious and waited to announce it on a day when it would not make the news (Holocaust)
I will be dumping them asap probably go to Ovo.
I cannot express how much I detest the big energy companies.
Wholesale down 30% and they reduce by 1.3%.
When will any government do something about these vile profiteering companies.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If companies like Ovo do well - who offer the same or better service for a cheaper price - then capitalism and privatisation is a success.

However, confident that I am that privatisation of our public services is a failure for the people, I predict that they will either get bought out or sell out.

That said, we should all get behind small companies/businesses - but particularly when they are offering a better value product.

Agreed, give the small companies a chance. I haven't shopped in Tescos for ages because it epitomises the general move to mass production and corporate greed

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ovo are not as heavily regulated as the bigger firms due their customer numbers, cheaper but riskier

:thumbsup:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Another ovo fan here, loved the free cookie I got when I signed up, but also signed up to a contract, reckon I missed out there....

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ovo are not as heavily regulated as the bigger firms due their customer numbers, cheaper but riskier

:thumbsup:

True,threy are not as not as 'heavily regulated' and customer numbers maybe lower,but for the Big Six beware,thanks to the 'Reccession' people are wanting answers.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Me too. Bloody furious and waited to announce it on a day when it would not make the news (Holocaust)
I will be dumping them asap probably go to Ovo.
I cannot express how much I detest the big energy companies.
Wholesale down 30% and they reduce by 1.3%.
When will any government do something about these vile profiteering companies.

In order to ensure sufficient stocks, Energy Companies have to buy their gas and electric in advance. It was all going swimmingly till that pillock Miliband started electioneering by saying he would freeze energy prices. So to avoid getting caught out by a rising market the energy companies invested very heavily in advance purchases.

Then against all odds, the price went down and we (the energy companies) are committed to buying at the higher price - so blame Miliband.

Trying to catch the best deal now is like trying to catch a falling knife. Leave it till all the price falls are in place.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
In order to ensure sufficient stocks, Energy Companies have to buy their gas and electric in advance. It was all going swimmingly till that pillock Miliband started electioneering by saying he would freeze energy prices. So to avoid getting caught out by a rising market the energy companies invested very heavily in advance purchases.

Then against all odds, the price went down and we (the energy companies) are committed to buying at the higher price - so blame Miliband.

Trying to catch the best deal now is like trying to catch a falling knife. Leave it till all the price falls are in place.

Correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here