Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby Six Nations Thread

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Another year has passed and here we are again!

Here are the first two rounds of fixtures, starting next Friday.

Fri 6 Feb - WALES v ENGLAND - 20:05
Sat 7 Feb - ITALY v IRELAND - 14:30
Sat 7 Feb - FRANCE v SCOTLAND - 17:00

Sat 14 Feb - ENGLAND v ITALY - 14:30
Sat 14 Feb - IRELAND v FRANCE - 17:00
Sun 15 Feb - SCOTLAND v WALES - 15:00

So what team will you be supporting? Why? And what rivalry to you care about the most?

England is my team (I'm English) and I hate losing to Wales. So many unbearable plastic 25% Welsh at this time of year.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What team will you be 'supporting' :lol: - really?!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Here's hoping England smash it this year. I was sympathetic to the Irish last year as I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for BOD but now he's gone there are no misplaced feelings.

THE game, as you say stripey, is England vs Wales. Although I can't stand losing against France either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I LOVE Six Nations rugby. Perfect final very competitive practice before we lift the World Cup :thumbsup:

I really do believe that we are in with a shout and the opening game in Wales should be a nice little pointer as to how far we've come since the annihilation there two years ago.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
England. Next Friday has all the makings of a MASSIVE beer and curry night in. What diet?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I only support two teams, England and anyone playing Wales.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Last year I realised that no matter what, I can't support the French.

There was Mrs Hamilton and I, all ready to will on a French victory over the Irish so that the championship would come our way, but when it came to it, it just stuck in my craw. There I was, in the North Laine Brewery, surrounded by Irish supporters and I just couldn't do anything but will BOD and his crew on. I just can't support the French. Love France. Love the French. But when it comes to rugby I just can't.

I'm hoping we'll do the business this year, and it feels genuinely open. Can't see Scotland or Italy winning much, but a real four horse race is on. My money is on the French, but they'll probably buffoon it.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
What team will you be 'supporting' :lol: - really?!

For many of us, it's a simple one. Obviously England. But there are many confused souls who are insistent on claiming some other heritage as so to avoid being all English. When the rugby is on, it really brings them out of the woodwork.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Wales in that order. I can't stand singing in the valleys.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Would love to see England win it but can't see it to be honest.

I suspect the key game is Ireland away.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
England. Wales to be beaten on Friday. Then whilst sitting next to my taffy mate on Tuesday the 10th a double with the Albion beating Cardiff.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm less confident about England's chances than I have been for a while - we've been decimated by injuries. I fear we'll get smashed by the Welsh pack at the breakdown like we did 2 years ago.

Ireland to win the tournament again, nobody to get a Grand Slam.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
I'm less confident about England's chances than I have been for a while - we've been decimated by injuries. I fear we'll get smashed by the Welsh pack at the breakdown like we did 2 years ago.

Ireland to win the tournament again, nobody to get a Grand Slam.

I think you're right, the loses of Morgan and Lawes, both of whom were outstanding in the AI's, are massive losses. Eastmond and Burrell missing now in the centres too, has also screwed things up there. I fear that Lancaster will go for Twelvetrees at inside and Joseph at outside. Joseph is outstanding at outside for Bath but needs a playmaker inside of him, and Twelvetrees isn't up to it.

I fear a Welsh win next week:(

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lots of injuries for England and I'm not sure we have the depth to overcome it. We do at 10 but missing a few.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
England of course,biggest game for me is against the Welsh

actually cheer France on against all the others bar Italy,not because I live in France,I always used to before

Scotland will surprise a few

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Last year I realised that no matter what, I can't support the French.

There was Mrs Hamilton and I, all ready to will on a French victory over the Irish so that the championship would come our way, but when it came to it, it just stuck in my craw. There I was, in the North Laine Brewery, surrounded by Irish supporters and I just couldn't do anything but will BOD and his crew on. I just can't support the French. Love France. Love the French. But when it comes to rugby I just can't.

I'm hoping we'll do the business this year, and it feels genuinely open. Can't see Scotland or Italy winning much, but a real four horse race is on. My money is on the French, but they'll probably buffoon it.

I wasn't so much against the French, more so I wanted BOD to go out on a high. It surprised me, as I was very much Allez Les Bleus pre-match.

I'm half English/Welsh, so have an affinity towards Wales.

To be honest, I am not necessarily wanting England to win, if they don't deserve it and don't play attractive and expansive stuff. The same goes for the Albion. I want to win in style. I'll happily come second best if the most entertaining side wins.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I have tickets for England's games against Scotland and France. Also Scotland vs Wales as the girlfriend is Welsh. Thoroughly looking forward to it, I love the 6 Nations!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here