Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
and visa from the HO

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't really understand why, when he's been playing in Scotchland for the last 5 years, we need to go through all this bureaucratic bollocks again anyway. Keeps the pen-pushers in a job I suppose.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just be thankful it's not international clearance from the Welsh FA that is needed, he may actually be eligible to play before the end of the season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, how does a work permit differ from a visa? I would have thought that you'd have needed to have a visa to apply for a work permit?

I said the same on the other thread but apparently his existing visa is to work for Celtic and as his new employers we have to apply for another one the work permit gives him permission to work in England in any job, not just as a footballer. We as his employers have to apply for the specific visa for him. Well that how I have read it

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I said the same on the other thread but apparently his existing visa is to work for Celtic and as his new employers we have to apply for another one the work permit gives him permission to work in England in any job, not just as a footballer. We as his employers have to apply for the specific visa for him. Well that how I have read it

Not quite BG!

His employment visa will be based on a specific contract and will be issued by the UK Home Office which also covers Scotland!

The Employment Visa is the work permit so he is only permitted to work as a footballer for the club that hold his registration and with whom he has a contract. At the moment that's Celtic.

We want to sign him so we have gone to the English FA to get approval to do so. They have given approval and, armed with that, he and we apply to the Home Office for a new Employment Visa based on his pending new contract with BHA.

If he were moving from Celtic to Rangers, he'd have to go through the same visa procedure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not quite BG!

His employment visa will be based on a specific contract and will be issued by the UK Home Office which also covers Scotland!

The Employment Visa is the work permit so he is only permitted to work as a footballer for the club that hold his registration and with whom he has a contract. At the moment that's Celtic.

We want to sign him so we have gone to the English FA to get approval to do so. They have given approval and, armed with that, he and we apply to the Home Office for a new Employment Visa based on his pending new contract with BHA.

Thanks for the explanation, does this usually take long or is it like when applying for a visa to say USA you can go to the embassy and sit and wait.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This could be a very important signing. We need to shed a few more players yet. When Stephens and Lua and Lua return we will push onto greater heights. The player we are missing is Crofts.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This could be a very important signing. We need to shed a few more players yet. When Stephens and Lua and Lua return we will push onto greater heights. The player we are missing is Crofts.

Really... ? i honestly have not given him a 2nd thought since he has been out, even when we were really struggling.

Crofts can only play the holding role in midfield in my opinion.. he is now up against Ince, Kayal,Holla and possibly Stephens... I dont see him ahead of any of those in the pecking order and hes had 2 serious injuries since then.. and wont be improving any now..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we have seen the best of Crofts and he will only go down hill that is if he fully recovers. He wasnt a patch on the previous form shown after 1 injury so after 2 who knows.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Just be thankful it's not international clearance from the Welsh FA that is needed, he may actually be eligible to play before the end of the season.

I don't think you should be comparing the Welsh FA, with that other large, unhelpful and slow Welsh organisation, the DVLA.

"You have to send us the completed form boyo". "You've aready got it." ,Yes but it's with a different department, they have to return it to you, so you can send it back to us." Honestly ....

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Not sure I agree with this. My recollection is that before he was injured Crofts had more ineffective than effective games and wasn't a major contributor to the team.

BINNEYS BOOTS

Aug 22, 2008
Got me thinking, if we vote to come out of the EU, will clubs have to go through this every time they sign a player from there.. ?

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The application is actually made by Brighton and not the player. We need to prove to the Home Office that no one else in the UK could do the specific job that we will be employing him to do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here