Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is good near London Victoria station for a pint and a bite to eat

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hi Guys am working in London and wondered if you could advise where near Victoria station is good for a pint and a bite to eat ...nothing too snooty or really expensive :)
cheers
much love
I'm five mins away - head down Victoria street. There are 3 sushi places, a Pret, and a McDonalds within 2 mins on that road. The Cardinal place shopping centre (which I work above) on the other side of the road has a Pret, Nandos, M&S, Browns, All Bar One, Eat, La Tosca, Leon, Wagamamas and a Zizzi.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Hi Guys am working in London and wondered if you could advise where near Victoria station is good for a pint and a bite to eat ...nothing too snooty or really expensive :)
cheers
much love

The Victoria suits your not too snooty or expensive option. Food i have had in there has been alright.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Don't know about the food but for a pint it has to be the Cask on Tachbrook Street (caskpubandkitchen.com) about 10-15 minutes walk towards the river from Victoria great selection of beer. Also St Georges Tavern on Belgrave Road is a Nicholsons so good value.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Another vote for the Cask here. Watch out for bag thieves at the George's Tavern - more likely to have something nicked than escape unscathed.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm five mins away - head down Victoria street. There are 3 sushi places, a Pret, and a McDonalds within 2 mins on that road. The Cardinal place shopping centre (which I work above) on the other side of the road has a Pret, Nandos, M&S, Browns, All Bar One, Eat, La Tosca, Leon, Wagamamas and a Zizzi.

I used to work in Eland House next to M & S. Went to that La Tasca twice and was sick both times afterwards. Had to take my girlfriend the third time to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Don't know about the food but for a pint it has to be the Cask on Tachbrook Street (caskpubandkitchen.com) about 10-15 minutes walk towards the river from Victoria great selection of beer. Also St Georges Tavern on Belgrave Road is a Nicholsons so good value.

Wholeheartedly agree, 2 good pubs.
Cask has a wonderful craft beer selection whilst St George is predominately locals & commuters.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
That's what she said until I got her to try the meatballs as well. She was sick in the toilet. I tried not to be smug but her Caesar Salad was clearly fine. It was the meatballs that were wrong.

You got your mrs to try your meatballs at the table ...did you not wash them first?

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
The Botanist in Sloane square is nice. Not expensive if that is your concern either. Obviously.a.class above the hideous chain pubs etc but not snooty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I drank in there the day before the Palace play off game.

Clearly I'm never going in there again.

Yeah, I think I suggested it to you - and then decided to drink elsewhere.

Sorry about that. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here