Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old tony bloom

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422400834.270434.jpg

250k next week after the main

Dec 29, 2011
Should have folded after the first re raise and later when any two big hearts would have done his flush post flop ignoring full house.

I think calling the re-raise preflop is fine and quite standard. The thing about the shove on the river is that no worse hands will be calling. He's effectively turning his hand into a bluff. It'd be hard to lay it down as the big blind could be bluffing on occasion here, but going all in isn't good in my opinion. However, Bloom has regularly played with the best players in the world and is a very good player so he must have had reason to do it here.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Should have folded after the first re raise and later when any two big hearts would have done his flush post flop ignoring full house.

Actually, no. You wouldn't fold to a re-raise because of ranges from the big blind. What Bloom should have done was bet the turn, had Schemion called he'd know Schemion's setting a trap due to the pre flop re raise then check call on the flop. Bloom should have guessed the likelihood that Schemion has hit the board is high. Bloom should have checked behind on the flop, CO v BB means ranges are slightly wider and therefore, Bloom's behind most of the time.

Of course, what Bloom's thinking about is 2 factors 1) Bubble play, people can be looser here because people tighten up to ensure they make the cash, 2) Expected Value of a flush over straight.
The board was wetter than the atlantic ocean, Bloom did fine until the turn, where he should have min bet to gauge where he stands in the hand then fold to any re raise and then fold to any river bet. Which Ole is likely to do because once he has made his full house.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Actually, no. You wouldn't fold to a re-raise because of ranges from the big blind. What Bloom should have done was bet the turn, had Schemion called he'd know Schemion's setting a trap due to the pre flop re raise then check call on the flop. Bloom should have guessed the likelihood that Schemion has hit the board is high. Bloom should have checked behind on the flop, CO v BB means ranges are slightly wider and therefore, Bloom's behind most of the time.

Of course, what Bloom's thinking about is 2 factors 1) Bubble play, people can be looser here because people tighten up to ensure they make the cash, 2) Expected Value of a flush over straight.
The board was wetter than the atlantic ocean, Bloom did fine until the turn, where he should have min bet to gauge where he stands in the hand then fold to any re raise and then fold to any river bet. Which Ole is likely to do because once he has made his full house.

Quite, I like Bloom's pre-flop play here. He's got in with a hand he clearly likes, representing something completely different. He can put his opponent on a smallish range of hands (admittedly I think AQ unsuited is probably just about in that range), his opponent is deep stacked so the expected value here is lovely. He should know when to put this one down (he plays this sort of hand successfully enough normally.)

You post flop analysis is spot on. That bet on the flop really isn't a good one and he's a bit lost in the hand when it's called - it's told him nothing else about what he's up against.

Subject to the usual caveats on analysing a single poker hand when you don't know how the players had been playing previously.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Quite, I like Bloom's pre-flop play here. He's got in with a hand he clearly likes, representing something completely different. He can put his opponent on a smallish range of hands (admittedly I think AQ unsuited is probably just about in that range), his opponent is deep stacked so the expected value here is lovely. He should know when to put this one down (he plays this sort of hand successfully enough normally.)

You post flop analysis is spot on. That bet on the flop really isn't a good one and he's a bit lost in the hand when it's called - it's told him nothing else about what he's up against.

Subject to the usual caveats on analysing a single poker hand when you don't know how the players had been playing previously.

I think playing 54s CO is a very risky play, running a few scenarios through pokerstove now, even when Ole hits his ace, but Bloom is on a flush draw he's looking at 33.5% equity. I can't really figure out what Bloom's thought process was on the turn. Rule of 2 dictates he has less than 20% equity.

Pre flop: Bloom 40% Ole 60%
Flop: Bloom 33% Ole 67%
Turn: Bloom 20% Ole 80%

The pot odds for Ole were brilliant, I think this was a case of Bloom miscalculating his odds and making the wrong move. The shove on the river makes virtually no sense.

One aspect of Ole's game I love is his use of GTO strategy, very difficult to put him on anything. Possibly one of the reasons why Bloom was betting how he was. Of course, you're right. We don't know Ole's table image. He's very capable of bluffing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The shove on the river makes virtually no sense.

Makes absolutely none at all ... can only assume he was was just wanting to get out and go home

I don't like it from Pre Flop ... He should have a plan when putting that bet in which wouldn't include catching something. So he either folds out or puts Schemion to the test with a 4 bet

To me the hand looks like someone tired or losing interest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here