Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teixiera or Lingard

who would you prefer given the choice on loan

• Total voters

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Lingard more consistent and direct, Teixeira has more moments of individual brilliance. Think I'd have Lingard just because his output is more consistent in quality.

theboybilly

Jesse for me. I think he is just a better all-round player. He works hard for the team whereas I think Tex can hang on to the ball too long, too often and putting his side under pressure. Teixeira is a good player, no doubt about it, but I reckon Lingard will have the better career.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
A mixture of Jesses' strength and Texs' creativity for me. If Tex was stronger though then It'd be a no brainer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Neither are perfect of course, but I'd go for Tex. Far greater invention to his game. Lingard tended to sprint in a straight line before fluffing. Hope the Tex begins to combine the thrills with a consistent end result. Should excite gloriously.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lingard more consistent and direct, Teixeira has more moments of individual brilliance. Think I'd have Lingard just because his output is more consistent in quality.

Yeah I'm with you on this, though 3 or 4 more Ipswich style performances from Tex then I'll swing my pendulum the other way.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Neither.

But if pushed Lingard had a greater impact so he would be my choice. Tex has had 3 maybe 4 decent games all season and is too light.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
teixiera he seems to want to be involved rather than looking as if it is a temp loan until he is in the 1st team

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Lingard is very overrated. Don't think anyone would rate him if he didn't come from Man United. Didn't rate Teixeira either under Hyypia but based on the Ipswich game maybe we'll see the best of him under Hughton, he definitely has a lot more talent than Lingard.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here