Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Singings

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
.........anyone think or know if we will have singed anyone else before the window shuts? ???

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
This has to be one of the dullest transfer windows so far for years, not just for us, but for the most of English football.

In my best Kevin Keegan voice, I'd just love it if Jim White got no high-profile transfers on deadline day to cream over, with his stupid yellow tie and his barren breaking yellow news ticker at the bottom of the screen; love it I tell thee.

In answer to your question, I think four will come in with one going out. Just a hunch, nothing more.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This has to be one of the dullest transfer windows so far for years, not just for us, but for the most of English football.

In my best Kevin Keegan voice, I'd just love it if Jim White got no high-profile transfers on deadline day to cream over, with his stupid yellow tie and his barren breaking yellow news ticker at the bottom of the screen; love it I tell thee.

In answer to your question, I think four will come in with one going out. Just a hunch, nothing more.

Did you find last January and summer exciting ???

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Personally yes, as my wife and I found out we were expecting identical twins.

But I see your point.

I've been quite content this January because apart from not having the injury problems we had last year, we have Halford, Best, Kayal, COG back, and if we can get a Bennett type or better, we will have a fairly good competitive squad to build from. Also I found the transfer rumour stuff quite tedious and the novelty of getting caught up in the BS hype has worn thin.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon 2 or 3 in ( Bennett, decent striker, Max Power ), 1-3 out ( McCourt, CMS ??, COG ?)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I 'know' nothing. I think we should sell/let go Kemy, Paddy & CMS. Elliot Bennett would be a good addition, but I'd like to see us attract some young potential such as Gray, Power or Dele Alli (probably Newcastle bound). Looking futher forward, we should sign a young right back (summer maybe) & make J.Bennett permanent (summer maybe).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Singed?

Anyway, No, I don't think we need anyone else. We are not going for promotion, and the squad is good enough to avoid relegation.

Add on to that that Tony B doesn't like doing 'business' in January.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Singed?

Anyway, No, I don't think we need anyone else. We are not going for promotion, and the squad is good enough to avoid relegation.

Add on to that that Tony B doesn't like doing 'business' in January.
Go to agree with this: we aren't going to make top 6 and there's no benefit in splashing out in order to finish a few places higher, but still mid table.

As for letting Kemy go, as suggested further up, you'd have to find some other mugs prepared to offer him a contract first!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Go to agree with this: we aren't going to make top 6 and there's no benefit in splashing out in order to finish a few places higher, but still mid table.

As for letting Kemy go, as suggested further up, you'd have to find some other mugs prepared to offer him a contract first!

I think the benefit (assuming the deals are right) is that we end up with signing a lot of players again in the summer. If you assume we need 6-8 (a rough guess) new players to make a promotion push next year, surely it's better to sign 2 or 3 of them now so that we need less in the summer. We saw what happened this summer with too many players coming in in a short space of time.

This doesn't mean I expect us to throw money away on new signings but it would be good to get another couple of permanent signings now rather than leave it all until the summer.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Looking to agree 3 allegedly, though if that number includes keeping existing players I don't know. I'm assuming Kayal is one of them, possibly Leon Best too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here