Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens hoping to share a pitch with Crofts [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Dale Stephens has been sharing a treatment room with Andrew Crofts.
He hopes eventually they will be sharing a pitch, playing together in Albion's midfield.
Stephens took his first steps on the road to recovery from nine months out with ankle ligament and nerve damage in the opening 30 minutes of a 3-0 win for the under-21s against Middlesbrough at the Seagulls' training complex in Lancing yesterday.
Crofts is out for the rest of the season after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury for the second time at Watford in October.
Stephens was signed a year ago from Charlton, after Crofts had been injured first time around.
They have been consoling and cajoling each other through their respective misfortunes.
Stephens said: "It's good to speak to somebody like him (Crofts) when you need somebody to talk to. He has obviously had quite a bit of experience on the injury front. It's been good to have somebody in a similar situation.
"We've never played together, never even trained together I don't think, so hopefully when he gets back fit and I've made my return we can be in the team together."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here