Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: Second Round: GAME EIGHT***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The final match up of the second round. A spot in the quarter finals is up for grabs. Every vote counts.

The combatants:

Honey Badger
honey-badger.jpg

Group Stage: 1st Group C (49 votes)

The three time finalist annihilated Group C, gaining more votes than any other creature in the competition, and only three less than the next three highest placed creatures in the group combined. A literal lightweight(only 9-16kg) they are a metaphorical heavyweight. These small beasts are heavily muscled powerhouses with vicious jaws and claws. They are happy to take on pretty much any beast they encounter -including lions - and are noted for their ferocious defensive abilities. They fight and eat poisonous snakes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

Tardigrade
tardigrade.jpg

Group Stage: 3rd Group D

The Tardigrade performed admirably in qualifying for its debut appearance in the knockout stages, finishing in third place, the hardy filling between a mantis shrimp and black mamba champion sandwich. Having survived the only group with two former champions in it the Tardigrade could be forgiven for thinking it had earned the right to an easy match up. But in the WHC knock out stages easy match ups simply don't exist, so the Tardigrade finds itself up against a three time finalist. Not to worry, the Tardigrade brings something to the table that no other creature can...its nigh on invincible...
Or, rather, it can survive anywhere, any time, any condition. They are fine in any temperature ranging from just above absolute zero to well over boiling point. How about atmospheric pressure? no problem..as well as being able to cope with the vacuum of outer space they can also cope with pressure six times that found in the deepest ocean trenches. Ionizing radiation? no sweat. They can take levels of radiation hundreds of times higher than what would obliterate a human. They can also survive without food or water for a decade...
Is extreme hardiness the right kind of hard to defeat the Honey Badger? NSC, you decide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

As much as I don't want to see the cuddly little Badger win the tournament, there can be no doubt that it is harder (marginally) than something like a pillow that doesn't do anything but exist.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
4-4 wow real lack of enthusiasm. Honey Badger or the thing that just exists, much like say, a lamp post or a hub cap. Not difficult

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Tardigrade doesn't DO anything hard. It just exists. It doesn't square off against much bigger foes with no hope of victory. The HB does.

Honey Badger.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The fact that the mods of the site are against the HB and use devious means to try to stop him PERFECTLY sums up the People's Champion.

"The Man" does NOT want the Honey Badger winning.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Still neck and neck.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just surviving is not hard.

Otherwise Ray Mears is harder than Bruce Lee.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This competition is on its arse. The tardigrade looks like a mouldy pillow, and the honey badger is just a cult hero despite not offering anything against proper animals.

#NoVote

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
the honey badger is just a cult hero despite not offering anything against proper animals.

Have you seen the size of the HB?!?! It tries to chase off the likes of LIONS!!!!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He'll fight you anywhere.

#TeamTardigrade
Questions:

How exactly is he going to fight?

Tardis only have a few synapses, not enough for any thought whatsoever, let alone the amount of self awareness a truly hard creature requires to know what sort of crazy shit its going to get into and do it anyway?

We're going pound for pound arent we? Even if we allow the possibility of a larger Tardi (no respiratory system, already at pretty much maximum size) what is going to happen in the fight between equal size HB and Tardi other than a shuffling tardi being ripped open and HB playing in the mush?

How will
Blue Valkyrie,
Bozza,
fruitnveg,
Hugo Rune,
JamesAndTheGiantHead,
maltaseagull,
MantisShrimpMan4eva,
Mowgli37,
Psychobilly freakout,
S'hampton Seagull,
seagulls4ever,
Tom Hark, Preston Park,
Withdean11
and whoever else has voted since live with this terrible desecration of the WHC?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How will
Blue Valkyrie,
Bozza,
fruitnveg,
Hugo Rune,
JamesAndTheGiantHead,
maltaseagull,
MantisShrimpMan4eva,
Mowgli37,
Psychobilly freakout,
S'hampton Seagull,
seagulls4ever,
Tom Hark, Preston Park,
Withdean11
and whoever else has voted since live with this terrible desecration of the WHC?

Shameless and embarrassing. The FIFA comparison grows stronger every day.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Have you seen the size of the HB?!?! It tries to chase off the likes of LIONS!!!!

Shameless and embarrassing. The FIFA comparison grows stronger every day.

I have changed my mind. I am no longer #NoVote. Now I am flipping it round and piling into #TeamConspiracy - Honey Badger isn't a worth competitor, if the pillow is strong enough to beat it, then so be it. I doubt it, but I'm all for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here