Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: Second round GAME SIX***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Two former champions. One vote. 24 hours. Don't let these beasts down.

The Combatants:

Orca
icltP28.jpg

Group Stage: 1st Group B (40 votes)

The Orca powered through group B winning it with 40 votes, the second highest in the group stages. He's a two time finalist and former Champion who really splits opinion. Highly intelligent the Orca has devised a number of ways-depending on the situation- in which to kill its victim. These methods include including headbutting, throwing their victim in the air, hitting it with their incredibly powerful tail, breaching and landing on them. They have even been known to beach themselves temporarily to get at their victims, they also occasionally hunt terrestrial animals and its been speculated(based on the contents of their stomachs) that they cannibalise other Orcas. Is it enough to see off another former champ or does the Orcas WHC VIII end here? We'll know in 24 hours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale

Black Mamba
tumblr_m1rctaap761qjf31zo1_500.png

Group stage: 4th group D. (16 votes)

This fromer champion really struggled to qualify from the very tough group D, gaining just 16 votes and finishing fourth. For a long while it looked like he was going to miss out to the Bengal Tiger. But as champions do he found a way to get the job done. His reward? A knockout game against another former champ. So what has the 2012 champ got in his locker? Well, let me tell you...he's lightening fast, volatile, aggressive and possesses the most evolved and efficient venom apparatus and deliverance system of any snake in the world. It's venom can kill a healthy adult human in as little as 20 minutes. If untreated a bite from a black mamba will prove fatal in close to 100% of cases. It's no wonder the Black Mamba is the most feared snake in Africa. Is it enough to see off the Orca? Lets find out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_mamba

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
TWO former winners fighting it out at this stage. Unbelievable Jeff.

(Black mamba for me. The orca just isn't all that hard despite being mightily impressive)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
(Black mamba for me. The orca just isn't all that hard despite being mightily impressive)

Correct. World's Most Impressive Creature? Orca would be right up there. He doesn't really do anything "hard" though. Mamba's a right little *******.

Struggling with this one.

My overriding feeling is that if the Black Mamba didn't have it's poison it would just be another wriggly thing, in much the same way as Humans are pathetic without their weapons.

Orca.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Struggling with this one.

My overriding feeling is that if the Black Mamba didn't have it's poison it would just be another wriggly thing, in much the same way as Humans are pathetic without their weapons.

Orca.

This all day long. Wha1t does the Mamba actually do thats hard? can kill a pathetic human and what? Without its Venom they are nothing. what do they actual eat and do on a daily basis, probably eat small animals and insects who couldnt harm it.

The Mambas poison is a bit like me shooting a cat with a BAZOOKA. not hard.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't know which way to go on this one. Neither are my favourites and I think whoever wins will go out in the quarters but as former champs they get my respect. The Orca's problem is its so big so even doing things like battering a GWS is sen as being not that impressive. That said I do like the way its used its brains to come up with a variety of ways to kill. Any animal that kills by headbutt deserves to be in the knockout stages.

Ten theres the black mamba. Its like a ninja: small, fast, agile. But...it kills by poison. Take that out of the equation and whats it got? I dont know. I need to be convinced one way or the other.

Oct 25, 2003
i'm abstaining from that one. I'm a former GLORY HUNTER of the orcas but am now more of a fan of the smaller, mentaller creatures. The Orcas size almost works against it. It is a tough, mean, evil BRUTE but it's an apex predator and there just isn't really anything that can in any way match it. It owns basically everything it comes into contact with but it's more from size and intelligence rather than outright 'hardness' as defined for this competition. Impressive- yes, 'hard'- a bit but not really enough

as for a snake...i'm not a venom fan...it's cheating

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great Whites are generally smaller than Orcas, aren't they?

Yeah, but most animals don't tend to go for something that can hurt them unless they are hard. A great white despite being smaller, could inflict serious injury on an Orca - have you seen Jaws?? So an Orca is still taking a risk going for a great white even if it is bigger.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, but most animals don't tend to go for something that can hurt them unless they are hard.

Which is - in a nutshell - why the Honey Badger is probably the World's Hardest Creature.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For me pound for pound hardness doesn't preclude the giants from a vote. Is Rohan Ince hard? Mohammed Ali? Johna Lomu? Undoubtedly. Meeting one of these in the sea would be like walking down the road and encountering a six foot eight, shaven headed, scarred up mentalist b*****d. The mamba is a worm with some poison.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here