Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: Second round GAME FIVE***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Here we go then with the second batch of second round games. You have 24 hours to vote. Straight head to head. We're looking for pound for pound hardness.

Game five combatants:

Mantis Shrimp
5534307765_f498ef59a5.jpg

Group stage: 2nd group D(20 votes)

A revelation last year the reigning champion has made a low key start to the defence of his crown this time round, finishing in second spot in Group D with 20 votes. This mini monster of the sea-only 30cm's long-packs an incredible punch....a puch so hard he can break the glass in an aquarium. He can be split into one of two mantis shrimps: smasher or spearer. The smasher has a club like claw while the spearer has a claw that resembles a spear. Both claws are used in the same way, unleashed at devastating speed (23 metres per second) creating a force of some 1500newtons with which they hit their prey. This hit by itself is enough to smash or eviscerate its prey, but just incase it doesn't, the speed with which they strike creates a cavitation bubble between their claw and the surface it is about to strike. When this cavitation bubble collapses just after the strike it creates a shockwave of such power that this alone is enough to kill the victim. So even if the Mantis shrimp misses you with his claw....the shockwave will kill you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp#Claws

Seagull
seagull1-1-07.jpg

Group Stage: Won 4th place play off, Group C

The Seagull swooped(sorry!) into the knockout stages after beating the Japanese giant hornet in a play off for the final qualifying berth in Group C. A new comer to the competition he's got a tough second round draw but as the saying goes if you want to be the best you've got to beat the best. So, what does the seagull have to offer? Well, first up it is a highly intelligent and brave bird. It has been known to fly into the mouths of surfacing whales to peck out flesh to eat. It loves to dive bomb its victims and will eat just about anything. Will have a go on its own but also loves to attack in a mob. Can take out prey on land, at sea or in the air.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gull

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Think this could be a shock, the hometown favourite against the reigning champion. Expect some tactical voting from the HB fan club.

#teamgull

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The F.A cup is not the only competition capable of delivering giant killings. Both of last years finalists struggling mightily in the early stages of their contests to defeat what, on paper, are much weaker opposition.

Is the reigning champ going to be knocked out in the last 16?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tricky one. Seagulls literally eat shrimps for breakfast. The Shrimp has a lot of skills that are pretty exciting, but for it's size it is incredibly tooled up and this counts against it.

Seagulls are bloody annoying and will go to lengths to piss off much bigger animals, such as humans.

Seagulls for me. Close one though.

Oct 25, 2003
seagulls are definitely fearless and hugely arrogant which I like. I feel that they would approach a fight with a large amount of SHOWMANSHIP and TRASHTALK

SEAGULLS!!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
seagulls are definitely fearless and hugely arrogant which I like. I feel that they would approach a fight with a large amount of SHOWMANSHIP and TRASHTALK

SEAGULLS!!!!

This. They certainly epitomise hardness more closely.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Think this could be a shock, the hometown favourite against the reigning champion. Expect some tactical voting from the HB fan club.

#teamgull

I'm in the HB fan club, and voted the seagull ahead of the hornet, but voting shrimp seemed the right thing to do. Frankly right now anything that's not a Tardigrade gets my vote.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For me, the seagull might have the attitude but I dont think its got much to back it up. The mantis shrimp on the other hand hits so hard it creates a shockwave that is powerful enough to kill. Nothing, no other creature in the tournament, can pack a punch like that. It might not bring the ego to the ruck like the seagull but it sure as **** can finish it. And ultimately thats what its all about. Attitude gets you so far but when push comes to shove you've got to be able to lay the smack down on your opponent.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a SHRIMP for crying out loud. You can TREAD on it. You may as well let cold germs in next year. Only in these modern wussy times where swearing, standing, singing and shouting at football are frowned upon could a SHRIMP be considered 'hard'.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Stunning performance by the Seagull so far. Looks like the Mantis Shrimp is struggling to get the same support as last year.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is the BEADIEST eye in the world. Anything with an eye that beady has to be mentally unhinged, and capable of anything.

4691108480_3be60b01ca_z.jpg

Vote Seagull

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Team Gull. Shrimp would be the chewed up and spat out by the gull

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stunning performance by the Seagull so far. Looks like the Mantis Shrimp is struggling to get the same support as last year.

It was never likely that Sepp's Shrimp could get away with buying the competition two years in a row.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tactical voting going on here by the HB fanboys I reckon.

Genuinely looking at the facts, a Seagull is harder than a Shrimp. The shrimp is insanely tooled up for it's size. That ISN'T hardness. Seagulls piss off FAR larger creatures than themselves, and are cheeky little *******s. Far, far harder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here