Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Record usage of The Cloud WiFi at The Amex

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Following Sunday’s nail bitting FA Cup match between Brighton and Hove Albion and Arsenal, the home team has reported record usage figures for the stadium’s free WiFi service, at The Amex Stadium. WiFi provider The Cloud saw over 13,000 devices connect to the network consuming a staggering 600,000 minutes of online time.

Understandably usage peaked; pre-match, at half time and after the match. The data shows a phenomenal amount of online activity before the match started with over 110,000 mbytes of data downloaded – nearly double the average data use at the stadium on a match day. With fans at Brighton & Hove Albion’s stadium being able to autoconnect to The Cloud WiFi once registered, usage has soared. Supporters are now simply activating WiFi and accessing the internet to check live scores, use social media and stream content for free.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People around us really struggled to get on. I gave up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I spend quite a bit of time online in my working and home life, I draw the line when I am out and about though. I can just about wait until half and full time to see what the scores are in other matches or to communicate with other fans in the stadium or friends elsewhere. hard to believe I know, but there you are, I'm outted. :smile:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Surprised, I found the Cloud worked brilliantly, whereas 3G (I didn't have any 4G signal for some reason) just wasn't working at all.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Is it just me that finds it all a bit sad, after the game fair enough, but the amount of people glued to their phones during the match on Sunday makes you wonder why they bothered turning up in the first place.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As a matter of interest, what on earth was everybody using WiFi for on Sunday? The match was being played out, including replays, right in front of us, and there were Sky Sports News updates from elsewhere freely available on the tellies in the concourses.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Everyone was busy posting images of ****s in half and half scarves (and shirts!), and Arsenal fans in the home end.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As a matter of interest, what on earth was everybody using WiFi for on Sunday? The match was being played out, including replays, right in front of us, and there were Sky Sports News updates from elsewhere freely available on the tellies in the concourses.

I looked up some racing results from Sedgefield and Leopardstown :moo:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it just me that finds it all a bit sad, after the game fair enough, but the amount of people glued to their phones during the match on Sunday makes you wonder why they bothered turning up in the first place.

bet365 check out innit (not on sunday though as no other matches going on)

Jul 7, 2003

If you have set up the Cloud to autoconnect chances are much of that data traffic is automatically being downloaded rather than 'manually' requested - i.e. email, FB, twitter, etc all updating devices in the background.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Never used it at the AMEX, I watch the match and talk to fellow fans before the match and at half time.
I don't even answer my phone when I'm at the football.

Someone that sits near me has their iPad on throughout the match.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
didn't really want to sign up to another service so didn't but for some reason my texting worked for the first time in ages. Perhaps not connected. Any conditions on signing up?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here