Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help to settle an office arguement..................

Who is right?

• You are right, that team is full of quality and should have won.

Votes: 131 99.2%
  • He is right, it was a s&^t team and deserved to lose

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Ok, so on Saturday Chelsea lost to Bradford.

I unfortunately work in an office with a knuckle dragging Chelsea supporting Neanderthal

His argument is that Chelsea lost because they played a S*^t team.

Chelsea
01 Cech
31 Christensen
05 Zouma
24 Cahill
28 Azpilicueta
07 Ramires
08 Oscar
12 Mikel (Fàbregas - 70' )
17 Salah (Willian - 70' )
11 Drogba
18 Remy (Hazard - 76' )

Substitutes
04 Fàbregas
06 Aké
10 Hazard
13 Courtois
22 Willian
26 Terry
36 Loftus-Cheek

Now my argument here is that most if not all of that Chelsea starting 11 and the subs used would walk into another premier league team without to much trouble.

His argument is that players like Obi Mikel and Salah are not good footballers, to which I disagree when you compare them to the Bradford City team. Bearing in mind there is talk of Chelsea selling Salah and the fee is rumoured to be £12 million pound (£12 mIllion pound for a S*&t footballer!?!?!)

He also finds it hard to accept that Chelsea were winning 2-1 When Fabregas and Willian entered the game in place of Mikel and Salah.

So my main point is that with the starting 11 Chelsea had and the 3 subs that they used they should NEVER have lost to Bradford and are a disgrace.

I am sick to death of hearing how great Chelsea are and i really need to put this moron in his place!

Anybody like to help me in my argument?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

I unfortunately work in an office with a knuckle dragging Chelsea supporting Neanderthal

Chelsea
01 Cech
31 Christensen
05 Zouma
24 Cahill
28 Azpilicueta
07 Ramires
08 Oscar
11 Drogba
18 Remy (Hazard - 76' )

Substitutes
04 Fàbregas
06 Aké
10 Hazard
13 Courtois
22 Willian
26 Terry
36 Loftus-Cheek

Now my argument here is that most if not all of that Chelsea starting 11 and the subs used would walk into another premier league team without to much trouble.

His argument is that players like Obi Mikel and Salah are not good footballers, to which I disagree when you compare them to the Bradford City team. Bearing in mind there is talk of Chelsea selling Salah and the fee is rumoured to be £12 million pound (£12 mIllion pound for a S*&t footballer!?!?!)

He also finds it hard to accept that Chelsea were winning 2-1 When Fabregas and Willian entered the game in place of Mikel and Salah.

So my main point is that with the starting 11 Chelsea had and the 3 subs that they used they should NEVER have lost to Bradford and are a disgrace.

I am sick to death of hearing how great Chelsea are and i really need to put this moron in his place!

You really need 'help' with your 'argument' ?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Every single member of that Chelsea squad would walk into our side. They should have battered Bradford.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Chelsea
01 Cech
31 Christensen
05 Zouma
24 Cahill
28 Azpilicueta
07 Ramires
08 Oscar
11 Drogba
18 Remy (Hazard - 76' )

Substitutes
04 Fàbregas
06 Aké
10 Hazard
13 Courtois
22 Willian
26 Terry
36 Loftus-Cheek

Blimey, he does sound a bit desperate, the Chelsea fans I know (including my brother) are just taking it on the chin. Little bit of grumbling that Mourhino 'might have changed it too much', but they all accept that the team he picked should have been strong enough to see off a League One side on what was basically just a day out for them.

Don't argue, just say "Your boys took a hell of a beating!" :lol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes, he is stubborn!

The more ammo the better!
Your colleague sounds like he never goes or is a jcl, here's a quote from one of our (Chelsea ) fan sites

"You know, walking out of the ground, most of the older fans took it on the chin, but alI I heard from the kids was 'we lost to Bradford, we lost to ****ing Bradford', well it was shit like today we were brought up on, if you can't handle it, FVCK OFF! "

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Your colleague sounds like he never goes or is a jcl, here's a quote from one of our (Chelsea ) fan sites

"You know, walking out of the ground, most of the older fans took it on the chin, but alI I heard from the kids was 'we lost to Bradford, we lost to ****ing Bradford', well it was shit like today we were brought up on, if you can't handle it, FVCK OFF! "

Quality!!!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
ANY team picked from a Premier League squad should beat a League 1 team, so his argument is bollocks.

If I can take it a bit further, the 11 that Mourinho put out on Saturday consisted of 9 internationals - he's not exactly picked the youth team has he? Additionally, he then brought on 3 more internationals, and arguably world class players, in Fabregas, Willian and Hazard. To compound that, Bradford scored 3 of their goals after those subs had been made.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
ANY team picked from a Premier League squad should beat a League 1 team, so his argument is bollocks.

If I can take it a bit further, the 11 that Mourinho put out on Saturday consisted of 9 internationals - he's not exactly picked the youth team has he? Additionally, he then brought on 3 more internationals, and arguably world class players, in Fabregas, Willian and Hazard. To compound that, Bradford scored 3 of their goals after those subs had been made.

That was exactly my argument.

He doesn't accept that though

His words are "Any Chelsea fan will tell you we put out a s&^t team" This guy is un-ba-F&^%ing believable!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

This is the pressure of deciding to support one of the' big ' teams because they win a lot more than they lose. The expectancy and demand is to keep winning. The ' fan ' doesn't develop any maturity because all they are used to is winning.
Its like the bully who always gets his own way until someone decides to bop him on the nose. Then, you see his true character.
The older fans have experienced leaner times. They have matured with the club and learnt the biggest lesson in life...once you've learnt how to take defeat, then you can appreciate winning that little bit more.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I unfortunately work in an offiHe ice with a knuckle dragging Chelsea supporting Neanderthal

Chelsea
01 Cech
31 Christensen
05 Zouma
24 Cahill
28 Azpilicueta
07 Ramires
08 Oscar
11 Drogba
18 Remy (Hazard - 76' )

Substitutes
04 Fàbregas
06 Aké
10 Hazard
13 Courtois
22 Willian
26 Terry
36 Loftus-Cheek

Sorry but voted

he's right, it was a s&^t team and deserved to lose .

Let me explain:

On paper it was a very strong side.
On Saturday they performed as a sh*te team. (So you are right really :))

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"You are right, that team is full of quality and should have won."

But I don't agree with this:
because NEVER is too long a time frame and there's always a chance that a team could lose.

:lol: Like you say, he's a knuckle dragging Chelsea supporting Neanderthal. He's lost all perspective on what a good footballer is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

His words are "Any Chelsea fan will tell you we put out a s&^t team" This guy is un-ba-F&^%ing believable!
If his argument is that they could have put out a stronger team, and that they could have won had they put out a stronger team, you don't need to disagree with that point. It may be his opinion that it was a shit team compared to their normal first choice team, but in the context of a game against a league 1 side it was an exceptional team, and they should have won.

It's not an argument you need to win, the man is an idiot. We have similarly balanced discussions like that on NSC every day.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

'Shit' is relative though. Ask him if he'd be prepared to swap the entire 'shit' Chelsea match day squad for the entire Bradford City one (or even just the starting 11s). By his reckoning he'd get the better of the deal as he'd be able to ship out all his 'shit' and get in players who are obviously better!

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Can't say I've ever met a Chelsea fan worth talking too, let alone getting into an argument with.

They really do have a higher % than other clubs, of the type mentioned earlier in this thread who can't quite understand defeat and truly believe they are one of the worldwide big clubs.

Heard one moaning about Man city and the money they spend the other day. Couldn't really be bothered to remind him......

Hard to say it, but I much prefer Palace fans to Chelsea fans, at least most of them understand ups/downs etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here