Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Too Good To Go Down

el punal

Not a lot going on, so a thread on those Premier League sides who surprise everyone by free-falling into the Championship. Apart from the usual suspects ( those in the bottom three), my surprise package would be Swansea. Stuffed recently at home 5-0 by Chelsea, poor against Blackburn in the cup, selling Bony. Could they be the chosen ones? Mind you Gus's wonder boys might Nick that too.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What about those Championship sides who everyone thinks are too good to go down :albion2: ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Too good to go down is a meaningless expression. If a club is too good to go down, it won't go down. Far better to say..." who could be dragged into a relegation struggle "
Answer...' plenty of clubs, if they keep losing '

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Too good to go down is a meaningless expression. If a club is too good to go down, it won't go down. Far better to say..." who could be dragged into a relegation struggle "
Answer...' plenty of clubs, if they keep losing '

Well you've certainly sapped any fun out of the thread then. Jeez.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Sunderland are none too convincing right now. The Leicester and Burnley boys seem to have better attitudes. Gus at the AMEX next season would be something of a treat !!!

SAC

May 21, 2014
3 to go down, I think, will be
Leicester, Hull and one from Palace, Villa, Sunderland or Burnley.

None of the above would be that much of a surprise. Everton need to start picking up points soon or else they could be battling the others to keep away from 18th place.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Newcastle - I would be very worried with that appointment if I was Newcastle fan.
Sunderland - I think Gus will do enough and end up leaving them at the end of the season and head out to manage in Spain.
Swansea - As mention Bony will be a great loss, you do have to wonder who they will get in as they have realied on goals from Michu and Bony to keep them safe in recent years.
West Brom - Pulis will surely make them too hard to beat for them to drop down the table? however no real striker since Lukaku I do think they might struggle.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
3 to go down, I think, will be
Leicester, Hull and one from Palace, Villa, Sunderland or Burnley.

None of the above would be that much of a surprise. Everton need to start picking up points soon or else they could be battling the others to keep away from 18th place.

Palace play Everton on Saturday, if Palace win they will be 3 points better off than Everton..Everton are right in the mix with a free falling Newcastle IMO.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Burnley for me are shoe ins for the drop

the rest i have no idea

However I would love to see, Palace, Sunderland and QPR go for obvious reasons

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think Hull are in big trouble, Sunderland as well. For all of Burnley's recent fight, I'd be surprised if they manage to keep it up for the rest of the season. Their resurgence seemed to co-incide with Ings coming back from injury. If he was to get another one, they might be in real trouble again.

So, those three to go down I think.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
I think one of Leicester or Burnley will stay up and be this years great escape story.

Newcastle have probably got enough points already to stumble across the line although I think they will take it to the last 2 weeks.
Everton will improve.
Palace have unfortunately now got momentum and will stay up.
Sunderland will pick up wins at completely random intervals like they always do, probably at Man Utd and Liverpool etc...
West Brom have the Anti-Football result machine that is Pulis.

I'm going to say - Burnley, Hull, and QPR to go down.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think one of Leicester or Burnley will stay up and be this years great escape story.

Newcastle have probably got enough points already to stumble across the line although I think they will take it to the last 2 weeks.
Everton will improve.
Palace have unfortunately now got momentum and will stay up.
Sunderland will pick up wins at completely random intervals like they always do, probably at Man Utd and Liverpool etc...
West Brom have the Anti-Football result machine that is Pulis.

I'm going to say - Burnley, Hull, and QPR to go down.

If it's true that there's a substantial additional payment due if they stay up, I'd prefer Leicester and Ulloa to survive.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My banker to go down is QPR - they do nothing away and have some tough home games to come

Like Jbenno, I think one of Leicester and Burnley will survive, I'd like both of them to do it but think one will go. As for the other? It won't be Palace or WBA, so Hull, Sunderland or Villa.

I'll go for QPR, Leicester and Hull as my final three. What do we win?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here