Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Price - claiming benefits

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apparently her son Harvey needs a daily taxi to school, accompanied by a nurse. This, according to Price, is "paid for by the government" (ie you and me).

When challenged on this by Katie Hopkins, in that perhaps she could probably afford to pay for this herself privately, the response was "that would be f-king ridiculous, it would cost up to a grand a day!". Quite apart from the slightly dubious claim of it costing THAT much, this is coming from a multi-millionaire (estimated fortune of £40m), who will pick up the thick end of £150k just for loafing around in the CBB house over a couple of weeks.

How, in the name of Holy Guacamole FRIG, does she qualify to have state-funded transport for her child to school ? Seriously, I have not the words, and this has sent me to bed angry. Could she not sell her tacky pink Land Rover, or one or two of her horses to help with this heinous expense ? Well, apparently not.

I know its my own fault for putting CBB on tonight, and I'm not proud of it. But I was bored and faintly curious, and that plastic vacuous slut just made made jaw drop with this off-the-cuff revelation.

UN. Believable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just a thought, but maybe she could get behind the cuffing wheel herself and run her own kid to school and back ? Oh no, wait, hang on. She's got CBB. And then another hair appointment in LA to have her extensions done again, before taking in a photoshoot on Santa Monica Boulevard where she can pull some more DUCK faces into her iphone for her cocking Instagram account.

Right-o love, you carry on. Your mum will look after your kids, and we'll pay for it. Enjoy !

xx

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm surprised you are surprised. Although it does always surprise me how many people don't realise that what's paid for by the "Government" is actually paid for by us as you mention. But she's just getting even more money by being on the Big Brother equivalent of I'm a **** get me out of here. It's the general public getting annoyed by oxygen thieves like her that allow her to take the piss.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What benefits is she claiming?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe children like Harvey are often picked by the school in a bus, but when she explained her situation it sounded like he had a private driver, as well as his nurse to travel with him. That sounded unusual to me.

But that said, I think most people would claim it if they could. It's nothing like as bad as the celebs who don't pay their taxes in the first place.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I believe children like Harvey are often picked by the school in a bus, but when she explained her situation it sounded like he had a private driver, as well as his nurse to travel with him. That sounded unusual to me.

But that said, I think most people would claim it if they could. It's nothing like as bad as the celebs who don't pay their taxes in the first place.

Yeah, this.

At least the slapper is paying her taxes in this country (I assume anyway) unlike Lewis bloody Hamilton who smells a bit of success and ****s off to live in Monaco.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Not entirely relevant to the thread title (and I completely disagree with her getting any government funding) but I know 2 taxi drivers here who have a very good living out of working Mon to Fri only doing the morning and afternoon school runs only.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that Katie Price is a ****. However, she has earned, and continues to earn, a shed load of cash for being a professional celebrity. I am assuming that, even with Harvey's transport paid for, she is a net contributor of a lot more tax than the average Joe. I expect Peter pays his fair share as well.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Harvey isn't Peter's son but don't recall if he adopted Harvey when he was married to kp - either way I believe he is an honourable guy

Isn't Harvey the son of Dwight Yorke?...or was it Andy Cole?...or was it Les Ferdinand?...or was it Chris Eubank?...or was it...etc...etc...etc.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think that the real recipient of any government assistance here is her son Harvey, who through no fault of his own, was born 'disabled'. Don't get me wrong, I hate everything that KP epitomises, but in this instance she is doing no worse than many, many people in claiming what she/Harvey are legally entitled to. There are hundreds of thousands of families claiming child benefit who do not need it, you don't hear of too many of them handing it back?

(Possibly one of the most magnimous things I have ever written on here, must be going soft).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely she could sell some of her assets in order to fund this ? oh dear, I forgot she sold everything including her soul ages ago.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
At least she has paid millions in tax over the years. Unlike most who bleed this country dry..Believe me when I say I'm no fan of Price. I think represents just about everything wrong with our society today.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I think that the real recipient of any government assistance here is her son Harvey, who through no fault of his own, was born 'disabled'. Don't get me wrong, I hate everything that KP epitomises, but in this instance she is doing no worse than many, many people in claiming what she/Harvey are legally entitled to. There are hundreds of thousands of families claiming child benefit who do not need it, you don't hear of too many of them handing it back?

(Possibly one of the most magnimous things I have ever written on here, must be going soft).

A civilization is measured by how it treats it's less fortunate.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Nail on head.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How many people claim child benefit who don't actually need it, out of interest?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

I don;t want to but I thik I actually agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here